• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR Xavier Watts Commits To Notre Dame

Given all the time he has spent in Lincoln lately I thought he was leaning toward the Huskers. Looks like the Irish have positioned themselves to steal one right out of Omaha. Hate to see that happen.

This is going to be a tough pull for NU. Watts will be a big win or a tough loss for NU's 2020 class. All the more important if Betts does not qualify.

I agree but the fact he did not commit on his OV that some folk thought was the leader is a great sign. Being 45 miles away has big time advantages too etc etc

Highly doubtful Betts qualifies

Given all the time he has spent in Lincoln lately I thought he was leaning toward the Huskers. Looks like the Irish have positioned themselves to steal one right out of Omaha. Hate to see that happen.

I hate to see it happen, too, but if it does, it does, and we will be OK. There will be a few players, neglected early by the prior coaching staff, that just never had the buy in. So we go out of state...we don't want a guy who doesn't want to be here.

Last edited:
it's not over till it's over. may have been under alot of pressure to commit now. maybe notre shame will move on to next up since he didn't commit this weekend.

I get the concern, but I still just can't get upset about a local kid leaving (or anyone not coming here for that matter), if they wanted to be here they will, they haven't played a down of college ball yet and even if they go somewhere else and are successful who says they would have been had they come here. I guess my point is lets not worry about the ones that get away, but lets celebrate the ones that come here. Who's with me. :Huskerflag:

Hope you are wrong about Betts, heard he is working hard to fix the problems.

I'm guessing if he doesn't qualify for NU he won't for ND. It certainly will be interesting to watch it unfold. Can't blame a kid for going to an academically superior school if that's what he chooses. Having that on your resume/ vitae means a lot.

I'm guessing if he doesn't qualify for NU he won't for ND. It certainly will be interesting to watch it unfold. Can't blame a kid for going to an academically superior school if that's what he chooses. Having that on your resume/ vitae means a lot.
Think you might be confusing Betts and Watts. Betts is committed to NU, but has academic problems. Watts doesn't have a academic problems and is uncommitted, but seems to be leaning ND. But yeah, ND is a tough one to turn down.

I get the concern, but I still just can't get upset about a local kid leaving (or anyone not coming here for that matter), if they wanted to be here they will, they haven't played a down of college ball yet and even if they go somewhere else and are successful who says they would have been had they come here. I guess my point is lets not worry about the ones that get away, but lets celebrate the ones that come here. Who's with me. :Huskerflag:
Why can't I do both? Like Pops I have a lot of energy!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back