• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR Xavier Watts Commits To Notre Dame

I did think about them. But honestly is CFB better or worse when those teams are bad. I guess if you are looking for a villain they both make a good one.

IMPO, Miami and Florida State are on that list. Miami was the team of the 80's and I know i'll get flack for saying this, but a strong argument can be made that FSU was the team of the 90's.

IMPO, Miami and Florida State are on that list. Miami was the team of the 80's and I know i'll get flack for saying this, but a strong argument can be made that FSU was the team of the 90's.

For the entire decade, you are probably correct. 1990-92 and 1998-99 seal it.

If you just looked at record and final ranking, yes, they're right in there. However,... they did not deserve the '93 championship. Even apart from the horrible ref job, how do they jump over Notre Dame, who beat them? The '99 championship wouldn't have happened if they had played Nebraska instead of Virginia Tech.

For the entire decade, you are probably correct. 1990-92 and 1998-99 seal it.
'99?

Last edited:

So ... what I hear you saying is "I'm not Catholic."

Fwiw, I'm not Catholic, but I've had this strange habit/history of having dating (and eventually marrying) a Catholic. I can't tell you how many times and in how many different Catholic churches all over I have heard some priest work some reference to Notre Dame into the service. This was especially brought home to me in college as I was dating a Catholic girl while rooming with the guy who wished that Rudy could have been his life story; of course, he was Catholic, too.

Just out of curiosity, could I get a shout-out from and Catholic Husker fans who have regularly heard priests/nuns/monks pumping Notre Dame football? Maybe it's just my experience, but my wife was from New Jersey, I grew up in South Dakota, one sister-in-law is from the Twin Cities, and another was living in Arizona, and all four locations were rife with Catholic clergy pumping Notre Dame sunshine.
:oops::oops::oops:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back