• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Proper Replacement For Our Balloons?

Okay so we keep seeing other teams getting rid of their balloons as well as others wanting Nebraska getting rid of their balloons. I am all for tradition and I am almost always hesitant getting rid of something near and dear but I am also a bit of a conservationist. So how can we keep the tradition of releasing the balloons without polluting or find something suitable to replace the balloons that still keep the tradition alive?

I have a few ideas:
1-Biodegradable Balloons
2-Confetti Shots
3-Paper Balloons
4-Red Smoke Shot Into The Air

Just some thoughts. What are yours?
We already use biodegradable balloons. For the record Before we got them we used rubber balloons. Rubber balloons much like 100%cotton underwear are made from a completely plant based substance know as rubber.
rubber-tree-tapping-square.jpg

The process is just like farming Maple syrup.
1.jpg

Both because they come from natural sources are naturally biodegradable.

There are WAY bigger problems in the world than releasing balloons 6 times a year. Moving on.

Okay so we keep seeing other teams getting rid of their balloons as well as others wanting Nebraska getting rid of their balloons. I am all for tradition and I am almost always hesitant getting rid of something near and dear but I am also a bit of a conservationist. So how can we keep the tradition of releasing the balloons without polluting or find something suitable to replace the balloons that still keep the tradition alive?

I have a few ideas:
1-Biodegradable Balloons
2-Confetti Shots
3-Paper Balloons
4-Red Smoke Shot Into The Air

Just some thoughts. What are yours?
We already use biodegradable balloons, per NU's response to the billboard wackos. Studies have been done showing how quickly the balloons degrade after landing.

The other options are just not exciting, nor are they original. The balloon release is fun for the kids, it's a great and unique tradition, and it looks cool.

Let the haters pound sand.

Helium is the problem for baloons... limited amount accessible on our planet. Also putting plastic / rubber everywhere isn't ideal, but it's all about Helium needed for medical uses.

Maybe we should throw frozen oranges?
that was a temporary shortage because some of the plants that produce it were down. There are several areas in the world that are getting ready to build Helium plants.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back