• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Proper Replacement For Our Balloons?

Okay so we keep seeing other teams getting rid of their balloons as well as others wanting Nebraska getting rid of their balloons. I am all for tradition and I am almost always hesitant getting rid of something near and dear but I am also a bit of a conservationist. So how can we keep the tradition of releasing the balloons without polluting or find something suitable to replace the balloons that still keep the tradition alive?

I have a few ideas:
1-Biodegradable Balloons
2-Confetti Shots
3-Paper Balloons
4-Red Smoke Shot Into The Air

Just some thoughts. What are yours?
The balloons are biodegradable, so what is the big deal???

Okay so we keep seeing other teams getting rid of their balloons as well as others wanting Nebraska getting rid of their balloons. I am all for tradition and I am almost always hesitant getting rid of something near and dear but I am also a bit of a conservationist. So how can we keep the tradition of releasing the balloons without polluting or find something suitable to replace the balloons that still keep the tradition alive?

I have a few ideas:
1-Biodegradable Balloons
2-Confetti Shots
3-Paper Balloons
4-Red Smoke Shot Into The Air

Just some thoughts. What are yours?
The blooms are already biodegradeable. Stop the whining.

Helium is the problem for baloons... limited amount accessible on our planet. Also putting plastic / rubber everywhere isn't ideal, but it's all about Helium needed for medical uses.

Maybe we should throw frozen oranges?
You have a point re: helium. If we start winning again, all that helium released in Memorial Stadium might make our Husker coaches and players sound like Ducks in the post/game pressers.

Government control of supply leads to shortages.
Sometimes government control is the only way to maintain proper QA/QC, especially for science. The free market profiteers have proven time and again that the "invisible hand" does not truly exist (i.e. profit>quality).

Thanks for sharing your stupidity. Duly noted.
At least folks know exactly where you're coming from... As for the unprovoked personal attack I'll ignore it since it's from someone with 55 posts. Perhaps you need to take a breath and calm down..........

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back