• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legality of weed is completely irrelevant to this situation. I certainly hope states aren't dumb enough to decide it should be legal for teenagers. It isn't legal for teens in CO and it isn't legal for anyone to smoke in public, the only visual difference in CO since legalizing is the shops. Some of the arguments made on both sides of this, to be blunt, are just plain dumb. The kid made a mistake and it's up to him to make it right, any judgments beyond that are worthless.

This is definitely an issue the NCAA is going to have to address... a few years ago over 25% of NCAA football players admitted to using it, and I can almost guarantee that number has risen. Evander Holyfield's son is a football player at Georgia and he just got caught less than a month ago. It is so widely accepted as "ok" that kids have a tough time when it is cut out.

The Univesity of Nebraska does a pretty good job of telling RAs or any other supervisors if an athlete is in trouble they need to for the most part contact an athletic department representative first (depending on severity of course). That being said, if someone else complains or discovers it first, it puts the RAs and police in a tough spot. If they confirm the report, for the most part someone has to be ticketed. Nebraska also has an extensive list of former policemen, players, and faculty, that at the drop of the hat will pick an athlete up from anywhere if he's had too much to drink and it's why DUIs are really tough for me to understand.

But Keyshawn is starting his freshman year off on the wrong foot, and now he's flagged by the NCAA. We will find out in the next couple years if he truly has a problem because he will get tested, a lot.

One worthy post in this mess and it gets lost in the insanity.

Can't argue with that. This isn't just about one player or whomever doing this. If they get caught it is illegal in the state of Nebraska, it is also against the NCAA rules. Is it worth it to play Russian roulette on the chance you will not get caught, is one game or multiple games worth it? If they are suspended it affects just more than the one individual if affects the whole team and that is where I am coming from.
Russian Roulette was a bad example, but yes I see where your coming from. I lost a cousin a few years ago due to drinking, prescription pills...then Russian Roulette.

What is the most dangerous activities ...... bong pipes or social media ("smart"phones, twitter, facebook, etc.)???

Both dangerous but I vote second choices for above options

Last edited:

Of course it does. Never said it didn't. Seems one can never say anything without some idiots claiming something racial.
To be fair, you started off with saying you believed a high percentage of blacks used weed. And then said your own experience proved that to be true. That's a pretty racist thing to say. Not saying you are one, but what you said, is pretty racist.

To be fair, you started off with saying you believed a high percentage of blacks used weed. And then said your own experience proved that to be true. That's a pretty racist thing to say. Not saying you are one, but what you said, is pretty racist.
How is that rascist?

How is that rascist?
Not sure, but it's definitely racist.

I heard Mexicans are mostly landscapers. In my experience that proves to be true. Equally racist and stereotypical.

I heard a large percentage of black people are criminals. In my experience that proves to be true. Also racist.

It's an asinine thing to say in addition to being a pretty racist thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back