• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue it's better to consume it there than possibly out driving around doing it. Or firing it up at a buddies house only to have to drive home later. Or in public. Of all the options he had available, his own dorm room was the best choice to make. Of course many will say, not smoking at all would be the best choice to make. And to them I say.....

Nobody liked you guys in college.

I never cared if anyone liked me. Still don't.

I would argue it's better to consume it there than possibly out driving around doing it. Or firing it up at a buddies house only to have to drive home later. Or in public. Of all the options he had available, his own dorm room was the best choice to make. Of course many will say, not smoking at all would be the best choice to make. And to them I say.....

Nobody liked you guys in college.

Not smoking at all would be the wise choice and I didn't go to college until I was done in the Marine Corps then while in college I was working and didn't have time smoking dope and being stupid. So if nobody liked me in college I didn't know and it was their loss.

So you're saying you struggle with time management.....
Nope, my time management is just fine. Again I am not saying when he is in the NFL and wants to do it, that is his decision. He is in Nebraska it is illegal and was dumb enough to do it in his dorm room, and he is getting my donation at this point to help pay for his education, that it is an issue. You want to light up that is fine as well I am not your mommy. He did something against the law and had to have know it was against the law and chose to be selfish and do it anyway.

Sure love the threads, that bring out the 'heads

defending their dirty deed.

Stopped by to say, hope they'll realize some day

life's way better without the weed.

Lived that same life, then got me a wife

who showed me a much better way.

Have two beautiful kids, got me out of the skids

I thank God every time I pray.

Last edited:
Is the kid in the next room accepting tax payer dollars to go to UNL?
Aside from the annoyingly patronizing tone of this argument, it is also fundamentally flawed. The athletic department budget is independent of the University and is not state-supported.

As for the weed, I could care less if it doesn't become a repeat issue.

Nope, my time management is just fine. Again I am not saying when he is in the NFL and wants to do it, that is his decision. He is in Nebraska it is illegal and was dumb enough to do it in his dorm room, and he is getting my donation at this point to help pay for his education, that it is an issue. You want to light up that is fine as well I am not your mommy. He did something against the law and had to have know it was against the law and chose to be selfish and do it anyway.

He gets my money as well. I don't have a problem with his actions. So I guess that evens things out for him. Though we all know my opinion carries more weight.

Anyway, the kid made a mistake that's equivalent to a parking ticket. Do you get this upset every time one of our student athletes (ALL student athletes, not just the football team) get parking tickets? Or minor in possession tickets? Or a speeding ticket? How about, god forbid, if one of them gets a ticket for failing to use a turn signal?!

Do you share the same smug attitude regarding those kinds of infractions?

To think that it's 2017 and you can still get in trouble for smoking a bowl... Meanwhile, it's perfectly fine to be able to polish off an entire bottle of vodka if your heart so desires. What do you think is more dangerous? The only thing keeping cannabis illegal is plain ignorance.

But in the meantime, there's no excuse for not following the rules you are given, no matter how dumb they may be.

Even if it were legal, he'd still be in trouble for smoking weed in a dorm room. That will never change due to insurance costs and school policy. Also, it's not entirely fine for him to down a bottle of vodka because he's underage and if he were drinking in his dorm room he could get in trouble for that too. I personally don't care if he smokes or not, but if you're gonna color outside of the lines then it's your own fault if you get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back