• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bruce Read Has Been Fired Effective Immediately.

Who said he is. He had one experienced DL and did all right with the very young guys he had this year. They were not perfect but looked better than last year. Next yer I expect bigger things.
I think a lot of fans don't realize (or don't want to admit) just how depleted this team was on both lines. What Parrella did with this DL group was pretty remarkable considering it lost 4 starters and Kevin Williams in the off-season.

Last edited:

Why is parrella untouchable?
He is not Bils. To me, the only coach worth saving on that side of the ball for sure is Bray. I was very worried about the Banker hire as I have said ad infinitum. Next year is a big year for him. The d backs look pretty good. I think we will miss Gerry but Reed looks like he can ball. How does he improve our LB play (or at least keep it decent)? How do we get a pass rush? We shall see.

I think we do have a few coaches that we have to worry about teams trying to poach.
Yep, there are already a lot of big names out of a job. Aside from finishing the recruiting class this will be the biggest pucker factor through next year.

Whoever Coach Riley chooses to deal with the special teams, I hope the decision is based on the expertise of that individual with regards to knowledge about coaching special teams rather than just appointing a different coach from the staff to fill the position. Special teams are the third leg of the three components of football.

Also, I don't know how much practice time is spent on special teams but perhaps that needs to be addressed as well.

One of my main concerns is having someone evaluate the punting. Punting is a highly developed skill, not just how far you can kick the football. Teaching that skill set is imperative for the successful field position game.

Hopefully, the almost month between games and then the off season gives Lightbourn a chance to breathe. I know that he didn't know Sam Foltz as much as others on the team, but he did take over his position. We have no idea how big of an emotional rollercoaster he was on each week. At times this season, I wondered if it was possible for a punter to get a case of the "yips" like Chuck Knoblauch experienced on the baseball field. The biggest thing that could help Caleb, and this is not meant to be any disrespect to Sam Foltz and his family, is to not have the added reminders of all the teams honoring Sam each week.

Here are my thoughts. Terrell Newby is gone next year. Adam Taylor will never play a down at RB for Nebraska. Will the light come on for Wilbon?? After seeing very limited playing time and being passed up twice on the depth chart signs are strongly pointing to NO. (Wouldn't be shocked if he decides to transfer). Leaving just two RBs on the roster that are even capable of contributing in Ozigbo and Bryant. Like I said in an earlier post I think Zig is a decent, but not great back. We shall see with Bryant. At this point though I think it is clear we are sorely lacking a RB option that can make one cut, and take it 75 to the house.

Either way with only two serviceable RBs, NU could really use another playmaker at the position (IMO) to avoid depth concerns similar to what we are seeing at many other positions on the roster. However to date Davis has missed on all of his top targets it appears: Here are Nebraska's current targets.

5* Stephen Carr: Committed to USC (extreme long shot he flips)
4* ATH Alaric Williams: Committed to Auburn
4* Kylin Hill: Committed to Miss. State
4* Greg Johnson: Committed to Arizona
4* Nathan Tilford: Committed to Arizona
3* Jamari Peacock: Committed to Virginia
-- Next guy up appears to be hoping Jaylin Bradley qualifies so they can offer him a schollie.

So you don't think that the other IB/RBs on our roster will contribute?:

Noah Johnson
Sean Lambert
Wyatt Mazour
Austin Rose
Tanner Hass
All Nebraska men. I don't know them but there has to be a reason they're on the team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back