• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bruce Read Has Been Fired Effective Immediately.

We'll see how things turn out. Thought maybe you had some real insight.

Here are my thoughts. Terrell Newby is gone next year. Adam Taylor will never play a down at RB for Nebraska. Will the light come on for Wilbon?? After seeing very limited playing time and being passed up twice on the depth chart signs are strongly pointing to NO. (Wouldn't be shocked if he decides to transfer). Leaving just two RBs on the roster that are even capable of contributing in Ozigbo and Bryant. Like I said in an earlier post I think Zig is a decent, but not great back. We shall see with Bryant. At this point though I think it is clear we are sorely lacking a RB option that can make one cut, and take it 75 to the house.

Either way with only two serviceable RBs, NU could really use another playmaker at the position (IMO) to avoid depth concerns similar to what we are seeing at many other positions on the roster. However to date Davis has missed on all of his top targets it appears: Here are Nebraska's current targets.

5* Stephen Carr: Committed to USC (extreme long shot he flips)
4* ATH Alaric Williams: Committed to Auburn
4* Kylin Hill: Committed to Miss. State
4* Greg Johnson: Committed to Arizona
4* Nathan Tilford: Committed to Arizona
3* Jamari Peacock: Committed to Virginia
-- Next guy up appears to be hoping Jaylin Bradley qualifies so they can offer him a schollie.

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts. Terrell Newby is gone next year. Adam Taylor will never play a down at RB for Nebraska. Will the light come on for Wilbon?? After seeing very limited playing time and being passed up twice on the depth chart signs are strongly pointing to NO. (Wouldn't be shocked if he decides to transfer). Leaving just two RBs on the roster that are even capable of contributing in Ozigbo and Bryant. Like I said in an earlier post I think Zig is a decent, but not great back. We shall see with Bryant.

Either way with only two serviceable RBs, NU could really use another playmaker at the position (IMO) to avoid depth concerns similar to what we are seeing at many other positions on the roster. However to date Davis has missed on all of his top targets it appears: Here are Nebraska's current targets.

-- Next guy up appears to be hoping Jaylin Bradley qualifies so they can offer him a schollie.

Unless they are cool with Ben Miles being the class RB. Yes, they have him listed at FB on 247, but, he'd make a good running back.

I think anyone making a judgment on Ozigbo or Bryant's abilities behind the 2016 offensive line is crazy. Ozigbo averaged 5.5 ypc as a true freshman and was a lowly ranked recruit this staff found late in the process. Tre Bryant was a four star recruit some big programs wanted. At this point it has to be five star Stephen Carr or bust for the fans to be happy it appears. I would argue Carr or even a Fournette isn't doing anything to make us happy with what they had to run behind this year.

Here are my thoughts. Terrell Newby is gone next year. Adam Taylor will never play a down at RB for Nebraska. Will the light come on for Wilbon?? After seeing very limited playing time and being passed up twice on the depth chart signs are strongly pointing to NO. (Wouldn't be shocked if he decides to transfer). Leaving just two RBs on the roster that are even capable of contributing in Ozigbo and Bryant. Like I said in an earlier post I think Zig is a decent, but not great back. We shall see with Bryant. At this point though I think it is clear we are sorely lacking a RB option that can make one cut, and take it 75 to the house.

1. Bryant is the guy that can bust one for 75

2. you're assuming you have all of the information as to what the staff wants and what the staff knows.

It could be that riley has given Davis one week to land a guy. Or it could be that riley is completely fine with where things are because he has all the information. my point is that you're just kinda guessing at this point.

Last edited:
I think anyone making a judgment on Ozigbo or Bryant's abilities behind the 2016 offensive line is crazy. Ozigbo averaged 5.5 ypc as a true freshman and was a lowly ranked recruit this staff found late in the process. Tre Bryant was a four star recruit some big programs wanted. At this point it has to be five star Stephen Carr or bust for the fans to be happy it appears. I would argue Carr or even a Fournette isn't doing anything to make us happy with what they had to run behind this year.
I have to agree, and while we had two really ugly games(both O and D involved) we still came out at 9 - 3 with a real shot at a 10 win season.

Love this move. As most of you know, I have been skeptical of Read's results since last season. Gotta love Riley's willingness to replace a coach who isn't getting results - even if they have been with him for over a decade. Very encouraging.
Yes, I am encouraged too. Have to say not surprised with him making the comments about ST and how poor they had been a few weeks back at the press conference. Do you, RR or *** have any idea or rumors on what Riley will do?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back