• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bruce Read Has Been Fired Effective Immediately.

Statement from Athletic Dept.:

For Immediate Release, Sunday, Nov. 27, 2016, 1:45 p.m.

University of Nebraska head football coach Mike Riley announced Sunday that special teams coordinator Bruce Read has been dismissed from the staff, effective immediately.

“I want to thank Bruce for his hard work and contributions to our football program over the past two years. I also appreciate the contributions he made while a member of my staffs prior to Nebraska,” Riley said. “As we continue to build our program with the pursuit of championships at the forefront of everything we do, we will look for a great coach, recruiter and teacher to join our staff.”

But Mike Riley is such a "nice guy"...right?

Like suhper....hate to see a guy lose a job but he'll be fine. Riley has shown twice now that he's not just here for a little ride off into the sunset. Some may not like that he's not a raving lunatic in the sidelines and may thing that that means he doesn't care. That kind of thinking says more about the intelligence of the person pushing it than it does about MR's "give a s---". Riley knows what fans want. They want excellence. Two years in a row he has fired an assistant that wasn't living up to his expectations. That should tell you at least a little something.

I wonder if he stays in an administrative role (maybe working with Devaney?) since it sounds like does bring something to the table from a recruiting perspective? Then again, they probably would have announced that at the same time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back