• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Head Coach Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd drop the definer 'Anyone' and say that those two options are pretty much true of at least a large portion of those who got bent by the tape.

Even that is quite the stretch.

Bo Pelini felt he was about to be hired at a spot he considered to be better than Nebraska. He made a childish rant, declaring that he was out the door, only to be passed over.

I am not angered by what Bo said. I think it's another incident in a history of incidents that highlight his character. But it doesn't anger me in the least. But to suggest that those who were angered by it have never played competitive sports is just off-base. His comments had nothing to do with competitive athletics. They had everything do with a bitter, angry man who was chomping at the bit to take over at Ohio State.

Once again, please refer to post # 326 regarding the conference switch comparisons between Bo and Patterson.

Good excuse.

Except are you telling me TCU didn't have the talent to beat ISU? How could this great coach have possibly been upset?

Here's the thing Disaster, I think Patterson is a good coach. I think he has a great DC. However, I also realize that he's not a sure thing upgrade and I doubt your statement that he could coach circles around Bo over the next 5 years.

Remember, he's had up and down seasons during his HC career, too.

Even that is quite the stretch.

Bo Pelini felt he was about to be hired at a spot he considered to be better than Nebraska. He made a childish rant, declaring that he was out the door, only to be passed over.

I am not angered by what Bo said. I think it's another incident in a history of incidents that highlight his character. But it doesn't anger me in the least. But to suggest that those who were angered by it have never played competitive sports is just off-base. His comments had nothing to do with competitive athletics. They had everything do with a bitter, angry man who was chomping at the bit to take over at Ohio State.

I've never known a poster able to invent a narrative quite as well as you ... well, maybe HPH, but at least he dealt in more substantial facts when putting together his Pedey cartoons.

If you even listen to his quote, it in no way implies that he thought he had the OSU job lined up.

But you dont' really care about facts as much as you do the apparent ego boost you receive by implying you have some sort of inside information.

I'm referring to what he's done at Ohio so far. Easily one of the best turn arounds of a program in history.

Frank has done a really good job at Ohio and I'm happy he's found a home at the competition level he's comfortable with. One of the greatest turnarounds in history? That's very debatable. I think winning at least one conference title would have to be part of the criteria in my book.

Frank has done a really good job at Ohio and I'm happy he's found a home at the competition level he's comfortable with. One of the greatest turnarounds in history? That's very debatable. I think winning at least one conference title would have to be part of the criteria in my book.

How in the world is it debatable???

Oh, and I like how it's "Frank found his comfort level" but these other coaches at low level competition conference are "up and comers."

I guess Gary should go back to the WAC/MWC.

I'd drop the definer 'Anyone' and say that those two options are pretty much true of at least a large portion of those who got bent by the tape.

I didn't see a whole lot of people get bent by the tape. Other than it showed the character of the man we call Bo you don't have to be one that has competed at a high level in a thing called a game. It is nothing more than a game. We have cats on this site that are cops, firemen, doctors, military, military vets that have been through wars. We have people from all walks of life that have much more stressors put on them than it takes to play a game at a high level. If BO can't take the heat of being a coach of a game and that he how he reacts..It isn't as much as to what he said but how it was said. Respect goes a long way. So between that and how BO loves to throw everyone but himself under the bus. It is pretty clear who has a hard time a competing at a high level...then again it is just a game nothing more than a game and that game changes nothing at the end of the day. I mean it isn't like he's a cop and had to save anyones life....

Ha never played at a high level ...yep only live life that way...Bo's mission..Stop the jet sweep. Others on this board. Stay alive

I've never known a poster able to invent a narrative quite as well as you ... well, maybe HPH, but at least he dealt in more substantial facts when putting together his Pedey cartoons.

If you even listen to his quote, it in no way implies that he thought he had the OSU job lined up.

But you dont' really care about facts as much as you do the apparent ego boost you receive by implying you have some sort of inside information.

I didn't say the quote itself implied he had the job lined up. Although I do believe the quote implies he had leaving on his mind.

I did say the quote was coming from a man who thought he had the job lined up.

Oh, and I like how it's "Frank found his comfort level" but these other coaches at low level competition conference are "up and comers."

Because they ARE moving up...Frank moved down.

Frank has gone 64-46 at Ohio. He's never won a conference title. That is NOT one of the best turnarounds in college football history.

He's done a good job at Ohio. One of the best turnarounds in college football history? Sttttrrrrrettttttch.

Good excuse.

Except are you telling me TCU didn't have the talent to beat ISU? How could this great coach have possibly been upset?

Here's the thing Disaster, I think Patterson is a good coach. I think he has a great DC. However, I also realize that he's not a sure thing upgrade and I doubt your statement that he could coach circles around Bo over the next 5 years.

Remember, he's had up and down seasons during his HC career, too.

Oh brother. :facepalm: OK, then just answer one question that I ask: If you're so damn sure Bo is the answer then please expound as to why? Here are some answers that I'll laugh out loud over:

He's won 9 games every year. Well, there's a very good chance he won't win that many this year. It also means he's lost at least 4 games every year, and many of those in embarrassing fashion.

He's a young head coach and just needs more time. Oscar Meyer Baloney. Look at Bo as a flower. When he got to NU he was already in full bloom and petal by petal he's regressed to what you see now which is a stem, ovary, ovule and stigma. Or, in layman's terms an average to below average head coach. We need someone who's just starting to bloom and fixin' to pop. You with me there, Grasshopper?

It'll ruin continuity. How much worse can it get?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back