• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Head Coach Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep. Bo made those comments and said what he really thought back when he and his agent still believed he was a hot commodity (they were wrong). Now that the big hand of life has slapped him across the head and he realizes that he'll never get a $3MM a year job again he wants to play nice. I'm not buying it. It would be easier to buy if there was any glimmer of hope that he'll be an elite head coach some day, but Magic 8-Ball says "No Dice."

No glimmer, eh? Sure. None of the names you've listed, including Patterson, have put up performances during their tenures that would satisfy you and many other Husker fans. You're just hoping that hiring them makes them perform better than they ever have.

It's amazing the certainty with which you post.

Reminds me of an old saying.

No, I'm saying he was still riding Osborne's coattails when those guys were recruited. Once it was all on his plate we saw what the real deal was, and not unlike Bo, Frank didn't have "it."

Feelings.... Nothing more than Feeeeeeeeeeeelllllliiinnnnnggss.

Stack up the performance of Frank against any of the viable candidates being bandied around, and you'll have to admit Frank either "had it" or none of them do.

I know. You've repeated that stat many times over.

And they won 9 games several time in the previous 10 years.

Before Pelini arrived at Nebraska, NU went 5-7. But over the previous 10 years, Nebraska had won 9 games several times. See how that works?

Are those names supposed to impress me?

You aren't impressed by two Hall of Fame coaches, yet you are impressed by Paul Johnson?

No glimmer, eh? Sure. None of the names you've listed, including Patterson, have put up performances during their tenures that would satisfy you and many other Husker fans. You're just hoping that hiring them makes them perform better than they ever have.

It's amazing the certainty with which you post.

Reminds me of an old saying.

You just don't know when to give up, do you? Petersen and Patterson have won conference championships and BCS games against teams with a noticeable talent edge. Yep, can't think of any Husker fans that would be very accepting of that. :wow: :facepalm::lol: At this point most Husker fans couldn't spell BCS unless you spotted them the B and the C. Even then they'd probably think you're referring to Bill Callahan. Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

I agree. I hate to say it, but that will give Eichorst the excuse he needs if Bo is sitting with something like an 8-4 record at the end of the season. That tape really angered a lot of people, myself included. I know the leaker was a coward etc. etc., but Bo's comments were a PR nightmare and put him on a short leash. Whenever I start to feel bad for Bo, I just remember those comments and realize he doesn't even really want to be here anyway.

Anyone angered by that tape (a) has never competed at a high level in anything, and (b) felt it strike too close to home.

Unless you know a bunch of guys on that team were 6th year seniors, there wasn't a player in 2003 who had been recruited by Osborne. You're saying TO's "aura" was recruiting? Does the NCAA allow auras to recruit?
I think the dirty little secret about Frank is that he was a better recruiter than Callahan or Pelini. If he hadn't struck out in quarterback recruiting, he might still be at NU.

I used to think Jamal Lord sucked.

You just don't know when to give up, do you? Petersen and Patterson have won conference championships and BCS games against teams with a noticeable talent edge. Yep, can't think of any Husker fans that would be very accepting of that. :wow: :facepalm::lol: At this point most Husker fans couldn't spell BCS unless you spotted them the B and the C. Even then they'd probably think you're referring to Bill Callahan. Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

Let me frame it in the way that I meant to initially: each has put up performances that would be unacceptable to Nebraska fans.

And in Patterson's case, his combined 10-11 record since entering the B12, which includes a 14 point loss to ISU (his first, so it wasn't after the gauntlet), would have him crucified at Nebraska.

I'd drop the definer 'Anyone' and say that those two options are pretty much true of at least a large portion of those who got bent by the tape.

Ok, fair. There are exceptions, but I'd say it applies to the vast majority.

I'd say the exceptions fall into two categories: Those like who dislike swearing/profanity directed at anyone and those who are looking for all the ammo they can find with regard to firing Bo.

Feelings.... Nothing more than Feeeeeeeeeeeelllllliiinnnnnggss.

Stack up the performance of Frank against any of the viable candidates being bandied around, and you'll have to admit Frank either "had it" or none of them do.

You're right. Frank had "it"...until Osborne's recruits and aura of invincibility left the building. Much like Bo before Suh & Co. moved on to greener pastures. Simply putting 2 and 2 together is as easy as removing your blinders for a few minutes each day. You should give it a try sometime.

You're right. Frank had "it"...until Osborne's recruits and aura of invincibility left the building. Much like Bo before Suh & Co. moved on to greener pastures. Simply putting 2 and 2 together is as easy as removing your blinders for a few minutes each day. You should give it a try sometime.

I'm referring to what he's done at Ohio so far. Easily one of the best turn arounds of a program in history.

Let me frame it in the way that I meant to initially: each has put up performances that would be unacceptable to Nebraska fans.

And in Patterson's case, his combined 10-11 record since entering the B12, which includes a 14 point loss to ISU (his first, so it wasn't after the gauntlet), would have him crucified at Nebraska.

Once again, please refer to post # 326 regarding the conference switch comparisons between Bo and Patterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back