• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Marcus McWilson visiting UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farewell to all, but especially to Bo, who needs even more luck than he had this year to even sniff a conference title. GBR! ..... I've been meaning to quit for several months now...this is a good time.

C'mon GFOA, either you stand by the things you argue or you don't. Running away like this reminds me of the kid I grew up who quit playing bball and took his ball home anytime someone cussed. Your opinions represent a minority perspective on this board so quite naturally they create the piling on effect. You've proven a number of times that you can admit when you are wrong. But if you feel you are right in other instances, make your argument and stand by it and relish the heat. I sense you seem to enjoy some of it anyway. If you're looking for converts, then I guess it is time to go. Otherwise stick around and keep on keeping on.

Last edited:

Oh great a different opinion run from a bbs. How boring but at least we won't be made to think, feel uncomfortable, or have our views tested. Funny but I think he turned out to be right in about half of his opinions which makes some of you right in about half of yours. But he was labeled "dark side". Why? Weird place for sure.

I hope GFOA sticks around. I like the guy. "How could you?!?! Blaspheme!!!"

Last edited:
No one ran him off the board. He got shown up in this thread, took his ball and went home in tears.

If he is truly gone, I think I should get a banner for being the guy who posted the pic that led to GFOA's exit from the boards!

I'm glad this thread could make the day, or perhaps year, for so many posters! A meaningless topic, a photo clearly meant to misrepresent another University's game day attendance and you all choose to believe in it--kind of like believing in Bo, it's a fantasy. It doesn't matter to you that we have an easy win in recruiting with just telling the truth about attendance...you'd rather sell the misrepresentation. Fine. BRM, I'll take your word for what time that photo was taken...but it really isn't as I remember it late in the game. It doesn't matter though. This is a good time to make my departure from HM. The board is truly an unfriendly place for anyone who does not bow at the Pelini alter. I won't go over my opinions of Bo's lackluster performance...you all know them...moreover you witness the failings in each game we show up unprepared for and during the beatdowns by the better teams. Nothing will improve until he is gone. In a few years you will all come to realize this. To all of you who already do realize it, sorry to go but I just don't enjoy this board anymore. Farewell to all, but especially to Bo, who needs even more luck than he had this year to even sniff a conference title. GBR!

PS--Moderators you really ought to issue infractions more fairly, not just to those that dissent. I've been meaning to quit for several months now...this is a good time.

Hate to see anyone leave, but the latter part of this thread wasn't a pumper vs realist as you've insinuated. It was an example of how you belabor facts and quote your opinion as facts. Example, BRM's pictures actually stating the attendance in the 4th qtr of a woodshed beating by Okie St. An actual picture, facts. Yet you dismiss it because it "wasn't as you remembered it." It's not your disdain for Bo, what the team is lacking or anything. It's the "come-off-ish" attitude that you're always 100% right and we are all in la-la-land. And the Kentucky pictures, articles etc proving everyones point, and you disregard it because its not what you believe. For you to sit there and say we are all just blinded by the kool aid is ignorant at best. I can go through post after post of people showing they are cautiously optimistic. And in some cases more cautious. For you to not be able to see that is borderline concerning. It's almost as if you are the bond market and the huskers are the stock market. When the huskers are doing well, you seem to disappear, and when the huskers are doing poorly, all of a sudden you're everywhere. Its that reverse coorilation with the team that rubs people the wrong way. If you choose to go, farewell.

Last edited:
I'm glad this thread could make the day, or perhaps year, for so many posters! A meaningless topic, a photo clearly meant to misrepresent another University's game day attendance and you all choose to believe in it--kind of like believing in Bo, it's a fantasy. It doesn't matter to you that we have an easy win in recruiting with just telling the truth about attendance...you'd rather sell the misrepresentation. Fine. BRM, I'll take your word for what time that photo was taken...but it really isn't as I remember it late in the game. It doesn't matter though. This is a good time to make my departure from HM. The board is truly an unfriendly place for anyone who does not bow at the Pelini alter. I won't go over my opinions of Bo's lackluster performance...you all know them...moreover you witness the failings in each game we show up unprepared for and during the beatdowns by the better teams. Nothing will improve until he is gone. In a few years you will all come to realize this. To all of you who already do realize it, sorry to go but I just don't enjoy this board anymore. Farewell to all, but especially to Bo, who needs even more luck than he had this year to even sniff a conference title. GBR!

PS--Moderators you really ought to issue infractions more fairly, not just to those that dissent. I've been meaning to quit for several months now...this is a good time.

My god. Try not being a drama queen. I agree with you on the kool-aid drinkers but being a drama queen and crying about it on your way out isn't cool either

I agree with you about the lack of confidence in Bo and I think he needs to have a good season next year. But you need to stay on here if you think you are being treated unfairly, just giving up isn't the answer.

Now having said that, I think you get a lot of flack because no matter what, you are negative about most situations. While there are people on here who wear red colored glasses and the glass is always more than half full, you are their polar opposite. I think that could be the reason that you feel you are being dumped on. I hope you stick around and fight for your beliefs, while we have plenty of people with positive attitudes we need diversity when it comes to a person's point of view.

GBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back