• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR Jaylin Noel Commits To Iowa State

We have the Riley mentality.
Our fan base seems stuck between Tom Osborne (getting about anyone we wanted), Bo Pelini (not shooting for the stars because it’s a waste of time), with a little Cally and Riley mixed in. Frost isn’t any of these guys, and while we’ve had some losses in the recruiting world, we’ve also had some victories. To me it’s funny that despite our crappy season being fresh in the minds of our 2019 class, we still landed a top 25, to the amazement of the recruitniks. But now, anyone we don’t get an early commit from is all about the wins and losses, even though we don’t have a single additional loss. If that’s the case, then we wouldn’t have gotten Johnson, Noel or Dickerson last year either...and the early playing time opportunity and favorite school comments are meaningless.

A couple of brush-ups with Iowa State n recent years. In 2015, TE Chase Allen from Nixa, MO narrowed it down to NU and ISU and then chose the Cyclones. That same year, after committing to Iowa State, RB David Ozigbo flipped and signed with the Huskers.

A couple of brush-ups with Iowa State n recent years. In 2015, TE Chase Allen from Nixa, MO narrowed it down to NU and ISU and then chose the Cyclones. That same year, after committing to Iowa State, RB David Ozigbo flipped and signed with the Huskers.

Also lost OT Grant Trieber to them a year or two ago. It happens. Matt Campbell is a great coach and has people excited.

Every time I see Nathan Scheelhaase's name pop up I'm reminded how we took Cody Green over him in 2009. Always wondered if Scheelhaase would have been able to give T Magic a run for the starting job. If nothing else, he'd have been able to spell Martinez when he got hurt in 2010. He's turned into an ace recruiter since.

He's also from KC so an interesting recruiting battle between Scheelhaase and Held.......a KC native as well.

This kid and Keagan Johnson would make a very, very strong WR class (or core of WR class if we added to it). Really hoping to get both.

This post didn't age well:Banghead:

Last edited:
He's also from KC so an interesting recruiting battle between Scheelhaase and Held.......a KC native as well.

This post didn't age well:Banghead:

You got that right! I really liked Keagan Johnson a ton. We will be gnashing our teeth over him for the next 4-5 years, I think.

Wish my post had aged more like red wine than busch light.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back