• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR Jaylin Noel Commits To Iowa State

Three losing seasons in the last four do not help. Both the team's you mentioned. Ate coming off of back to beginning seasons

Looking down our noses at Iowa State right now with the two very good seasons they have had the last year we do at our own peril. On the other had we were 4-8 and 5-7

It's not 1995 anymore

We have to earn our way back. I believe we will but until then it's going to be a fight to get there
Not sure what the bold means. A couple of winning seasons and bowl games, and we will start to land the guys we are looking for.

To me this goes to player development. Development has not been very apparent. Some of the losses over the last couple of years belie this phase of the game.

To me this goes to player development. Development has not been very apparent. Some of the losses over the last couple of years belie this phase of the game.

No one said it was recruiting simply that losses and losing seasons matter in some cases.

You can only sell hope so long
With that being said, I think we are going to get better and if we can win 7 games with the beyond tough schedule we have in 2020. It will be a big step forward

Three losing seasons in the last four do not help. Both the team's you mentioned. Ate coming off of back to beginning seasons

Looking down our noses at Iowa State right now with the two very good seasons they have had the last year we do at our own peril. On the other had we were 4-8 and 5-7

It's not 1995 anymore

We have to earn our way back. I believe we will but until then it's going to be a fight to get there
Definitely not 1995 anymore. Heck, it's not even 2009. The alarming thing to me though is that, despite our struggles for the better part of the last 20 years, it seems like things just recently changed to where we are now losing recruits to the Iowa's, Iowa State's, and Minnesota's of the world. I'm sure there are anecdotal examples like Noah Fant from the past, but I don't remember anything like what we are seeing this year in terms of success rate against those regional schools with less tradition, smaller stadiums, smaller fan bases, weather that is as bad or worse, etc.

I fully agree that our recent struggles on the field are a big part of this... it's just that we seem to have suddenly hit a turning point on the recruiting trail. We've been B1G West recruiting champs since the division was formed. Unfortunately those results have not translated on the field.

Last edited:

Then why did Frost, Held and Lubick have so much contact with Noel today? To rub it in his face that they took Hardy instead?

Go back and read my comments to Pebbles after he explained it. I already agreed with him on what you just wrote. So it's old newx.

Definitely not 1995 anymore. Heck, it's not even 2009. The alarming thing to me though is that, despite our struggles for the better part of the last 20 years, it seems like things just recently changed to where we are now losing recruits to the Iowa's, Iowa State's, and Minnesota's of the world. I'm sure there are anecdotal examples like Noah Fant from the past, but I don't remember anything like what we are seeing this year in terms of success rate against those regional schools with less tradition, smaller stadiums, smaller fan bases, weather that is as bad or worse, etc.

I fully agree that our recent struggles on the field are a big part of this... it's just that we seem to have suddenly hit a turning point on the recruiting trail. We've been B1G West recruiting champs since the division was formed. Unfortunately those results have not translated on the field.

You can sell hope only so long but come year three you have to start showing results to attract a lot of kids. I guarantee you that other coaches are negative recruiting against us (ie if staff does not start winning they will be gone)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back