• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

With no Husker football this fall, who are you going to be watching/rooting for?

OU, trips to Norman in the early 70's with the UNL marching band were great fun and the OU fans always treated us great. OU fans I meet here in Virginia miss our rivalry. They have always been the team I root for if we are not playing them.

Yeah, same here. I find myself rooting for them most of the time. I've never rooted for CU in my life and never will. Two "rivals" and 2 different cultures and fanbases.

Yeah, same here. I find myself rooting for them most of the time. I've never rooted for CU in my life and never will. Two "rivals" and 2 different cultures and fanbases.
The coaches at CU made it hard for me to like them. We had tickets East Stadium, row 41 for years. Every other year when we played CU it would be the same CU fans we would meet. Great people but games in Boulder became a nightmare. The 2 worst places I have ever been treated were Boulder and Miami against the canes. Not great experiences.

I have certainly thought about this. Not sure if I have a favorite at this point but will certainly watch a lot more of the other conferences and see who materializes as a team I like. I will admit I followed LSU hard last year and the addition of No has me curious.

The coaches at CU made it hard for me to like them. We had tickets East Stadium, row 41 for years. Every other year when we played CU it would be the same CU fans we would meet. Great people but games in Boulder became a nightmare. The 2 worst places I have ever been treated were Boulder and Miami against the canes. Not great experiences.
Me living in the state for a majority of my life made me just despise CU, their fans, and their coaches/players. Sad but true. I always made it a point to wear a Husker shirt or jacket when going to Boulder. I never got any static for it, surprisingly. I don't know that there were even any true CU fans in the sense that Nebraska has fans. I think most so-called fans were actually just anti-Nebraska. I rarely saw CU shirts in Boulder or anywhere else other than by the campus.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to enjoy watching a team that plays such little defense. That's why I hate the Big12 and what they have become. It's just personal preference but I would much rather watch the SEC or even the ACC.

I'll be watching golf, just like I have been for the past couple of months. The lack of fans is glorious! No drunk yahoos yelling "GET IN THE HOLE!" when someone is hitting their tee shot on a 620 yard par 5.

Culinary Institute of America.......

All kidding aside, every team in the Big 12, ACC, and (cough, cough) the SEC. Why? For them to play every game they have scheduled which is one step closer to society overcoming this, getting back to normal, and for the Big 10 to do some serious self reflection.

Iowa State, I guess.... I always pulled for them except when they were playing the Huskers.

It is sad, but I have more teams that I root to lose than to win.... that is clearly a "me" problem, I know, maybe I'll get my head checked one of these days.

TCU, if the other 3 conferences actually end up playing. Otherwise, it'll be Leeds United Football Club. @CrabHusker, I can show you how to enjoy the game :Rolleyes:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back