• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winter conditioning seems safe this year

lol well played...

I’m just so floored with the marketing job Duval and Frost have done. If I paid 50 dollars to a local trainer and he sent my kid to the hospital then came with “your son was out of shape, I even scaled my workout back”, I’d probably break his jaw. We pay our guy 400k and they have somehow convinced our entire fan base that the kids were just not conditioned at all which is why they went to the hospital, as well as avoided suspension. It’s truly magical.
So you think it’s totally and exclusively the staff’s fault? Why?

To be clear, there is probably some level of responsibility on the staff in terms of monitoring, but injuries happen. I also think there was a lack of accountability in the previous regime which led to a team being not close to the level of conditioning of an average D1 squad.

I am confused. If only two went to the hospital, how many made it through without going to the hospital. I know you need to stay on top of that and make sure you get to zero but the overwhelming majority of the team handled the workouts fine.
This is how drugs work too. :Cautious:

*** is one of the stalwarts here, just not sure where he is coming from with his comments in this post. It isn't all on the staff, the lifters need to tell someone if they are struggling. I haven't seen anything so far that leads me to believe that Scott will put a kid at risk. If it happens again I may join ***'s parade.
Frost wasn’t there when kids went to the hospital. He is at no fault whatsoever for that result.

So you think it’s totally and exclusively the staff’s fault? Why?

To be clear, there is probably some level of responsibility on the staff in terms of monitoring, but injuries happen. I also think there was a lack of accountability in the previous regime which led to a team being not close to the level of conditioning of an average D1 squad.
If a kid ever is in week 1 of a workout and gets sent to the hospital, it is not his fault. Further, if the people who sent him to the hospital come with “we even scaled it back” to defend themselves, it is even more alarming. This isn’t an Anytime Fitness our guys were working out at. It was a place where someone was getting 400k to train them.

Nothing wrong with the staff having learned something from last years' result. They probably should have known a bit more than they did when they began the workouts last year.

But my point is that it looks as though we aren't going to be losing kids becasue they get seious injury from these workouts this year. That's great.

#athleticpubalgia

Lying about being out of shape.

So if it isn't his fault, who's fault is it? Frost and staff? Maybe the kid was out of shape. Also, why didn't this happen when they were at UCF? Maybe those kids @ UCF were in shape.

I guess I'm confused here by what you're saying. :)
I never claimed they lied about players being out of shape. For the last century (ish) players have showed up to Lincoln and other colleges out of shape for conditioning in January.

Frost has nothing to do with weight room work in January so it’s not his fault.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back