• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wichita State's Gregg Marshall reportedly spurns NU offer

Fred's just spinning in case the best option is Rob Jeter. Probably already working on his talking points in defense.

Fred's just spinning in case the best option is Rob Jeter. Probably already working on his talking points in defense.

And it's hard not to imagine that possibility is increasingly at a significant pace.

Jeter was one of the first names I saw mentioned here 10-12 days ago that seemed realistic (not just speculation). And I hoped to all heck it wouldn't come down to Jeter. I could argue that he actually has a less impressive resume than either Collier or Sadler had prior to Lincoln. I suppose you never know. Maybe something magical could happen. But I'm already preparing myself to hear Jeter announced as our next head coach.

And it's hard not to imagine that possibility is increasingly at a significant pace.

Jeter was one of the first names I saw mentioned here 10-12 days ago that seemed realistic (not just speculation). And I hoped to all heck it wouldn't come down to Jeter. I could argue that he actually has a less impressive resume than either Collier or Sadler had prior to Lincoln. I suppose you never know. Maybe something magical could happen. But I'm already preparing myself to hear Jeter announced as our next head coach.

Well now, that's downright depressing. If that's the case I will hope for the best and brace for the worst. Quite honestly, I would rather see Piatkowski or Strickland before Jeter.

Last edited:

And the possibility exists that he's the next coming of Bill Self. I mean anything is possible, right? He'd better hire some ace recruiters. IF he's the man we'll just have to swallow it and give it a few years and see where it's headed. Just don't give it 6 or 7 if it's obvious it's going nowhere.

Well now, that's downright depressing. If that's the case I will hope for the best and brace for the worst. Quite honestly, I would rather see Piatkowski or Strickland before Jeter.

Can't say I totally disagree. If NOBODY better than Jeter is interested might as well go totally outside the box.

Can't say I totally disagree. If NOBODY better than Jeter is interested might as well go totally outside the box.

We should make Fred coach if we can't get anyone better than Jeter. At least that would be entertaining around here.

And the possibility exists that he's the next coming of Bill Self. I mean anything is possible, right? He'd better hire some ace recruiters. IF he's the man we'll just have to swallow it and give it a few years and see where it's headed. Just don't give it 6 or 7 if it's obvious it's going nowhere.

Oh, I agree. And I cannot nor will I rule out the possibility of great success before he's even had a chance (whomever the hire is). But yes, I think we'll know after 3 or 4 seasons if he's the future or not (well, we'll probably know after about 2, but I'd give him 3 or 4). Regardless, Jeter certainly would be anything but a "wow" hire -- but I think we should give up on that idea anyhow (maybe we'll be surprised, but I wouldn't count on it).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back