• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why Is It Always The Refs Fault?

1. I've seen the replays...and I see Richardson push gibbs in the back as well as gibbs' contact with Richardson. it was physical inside. Richardson got beat and then acted a fool.

2. It did not turn the game into a rout. It was 3 points.

I don't think either of us are objective spectators. I am not going to agree with you, and you are not going to agree with me. As I stated earlier, if the circumstances were reversed, I suspect that most Bluejay fans would say that they were completely jobbed by the refs.

I'm not sure what you mean by 3 points. CU made 5 of the 6 FTs when they should not have received any, and the complexion and momentum of the game completely changed.

Last edited:

I, for one, did not blame the refs. As I said in my post, NU may very well have lost the game anyway. However, the refs took over a close game and turned it into a rout. If you look at the replay, an offensive foul should have been called on the Creighton player. And Creighton ended up getting 6 free throws. It definitely was the turning point of the game.

I'm sure it the same thing would have happened to CU, all of the Bluejay fans would be screaming bloody murder.
It was clearly a foul on Nebraska.....case closed.

So now with NU's third loss of the year, us fans, once again blame the refs.

So it begs the question: Why is it always the refs fault? Evidently, according to some on this board, the refs are out to get DONU.

I read it on this board after Oregon. I read it after Wake, and now I'm reading it again.

In fact, in the CU-NU game thread, someone said Nebraska is getting "homered". So if NU was at home versus Oregon and Wake, was NU getting "awayered"???

It sucks to have the refs seemingly conspiring against us? Is there something TO can do to prevent this. Can he contact Jim Delaney about it?

Who said it was always the refs fault? The Oregon game should've been a loss even though the refs screwed up the flow with their meddling. It was obvious Oregon should've won that. The mystery double technical with 5 minutes left in the Creighton game was just poor judgement...we were playing well and had a chance if not for that fiasco.

I think you let your radical dislike for coaches get the best of your judgement. I can think of plenty to complain about but Dr. T was sitting right behind our bench and doesn't need my help. We have some good players who could go either way. If it becomes apparent that coaching is the problem and probably won't improve I'm sure Osborne will do something about it. He tends to have a long leash and give the coach plenty of time to improve and I think that's all-around better than a knee-jerk reaction for many reasons.

I don't think either of us are objective spectators. I am not going to agree with you, and you are not going to agree with me. As I stated earlier, if the circumstances were reversed, I suspect that most Bluejay fans would say that they were completely jobbed by the refs.

I'm not sure what you mean by 3 points. CU made 5 of the 6 FTs when they should not have received any, and the complexion and momentum of the game completely changed.

It was 2 technical fouls....McDermott hit 3 of 4. Momentum had already shifted back toward CU by the time Doc and crew lost their composure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usLKpVWXz9Y
If you pause at the 2:35 point in the video you can CLEARLY see that gibbs has position on Richardson. Keep pausing and playing from there. You can see gibbs is shoved toward the middle of the lane. That's a foul on Richardson. From there Wragge obscures the view but Gibbs recovers back to his left to get the board. Did he hold on with his left hand? maybe but that was after the shove from Richardson. The 2:40-2:41 part is especially concerning with regard the Richardson. What the hell is he doing complaining to the ref while the man he was supposed to be blocking out has the ball under the rack? Clear foul on richardson...debatable on Gibbs...both not called. Gibbs simply outworked his man and made a play. NU Still has a chance at that point. Then it was McCray who opened his mouth and then Sadler childishly showed up the refs...who had had enough of his act to that point...he should have been lit up about 5 minutes before that and had to be restrained by one of the Assistant coaches. It was only a matter of time before Doc was t'ed up.

There's no need for objectivity really when you can look at the video and see what happened. Clearly gibbs wouldn't have jumped sideways so he was fouled. That is clear. Even if he fouled to get BACK in position it's a wash. From there it's all on NU and Sadler. Sadler had been losing his composure for quite a while and his team finally followed suit. There were plenty of bad calls that didn't go CUs way. I didn't see McDermott flip his lid when Young was clearly tackled by two huskers and lost the ball and there was no call. Were the refs having the game of their lives? Not at all. But they didn't decide the game.

Last edited:

If it becomes apparent that coaching is the problem and probably won't improve I'm sure Osborne will do something about it. He tends to have a long leash and give the coach plenty of time to improve and I think that's all-around better than a knee-jerk reaction for many reasons.

Knee jerk reaction? It's been 6 years of ineptitude on Doc's part. Much like I've been telling everyone about Diaz for the last couple years...stop wanting him to be a powerful inside presence. The guy is soft and at this point in his basketball life the die is cast...he can't change who he is. Same for Doc. Great coach of defensive basketball but completely clueless on the offensive end...that's not going to change. he is who he is as a coach.

Knee jerk reaction? It's been 6 years of ineptitude on Doc's part. Much like I've been telling everyone about Diaz for the last couple years...stop wanting him to be a powerful inside presence. The guy is soft and at this point in his basketball life the die is cast...he can't change who he is. Same for Doc. Great coach of defensive basketball but completely clueless on the offensive end...that's not going to change. he is who he is as a coach.

Speaking of Diaz...is he unathletic, can't jump, or what is up with him not jamming the ball home when he gets a pass down by the hoop WIDE open. Any other center in the nation would've impressively put that down. Instead, 6'11" Diaz acts like a 6'5" high school freshman and lays it in. No authority down there whatsoever. I don't get it...

Speaking of Diaz...is he unathletic, can't jump, or what is up with him not jamming the ball home when he gets a pass down by the hoop WIDE open. Any other center in the nation would've impressively put that down. Instead, 6'11" Diaz acts like a 6'5" high school freshman and lays it in. No authority down there whatsoever. I don't get it...

i could say something but choose not to.

Who said it was always the refs fault? The Oregon game should've been a loss even though the refs screwed up the flow with their meddling. It was obvious Oregon should've won that. The mystery double technical with 5 minutes left in the Creighton game was just poor judgement...we were playing well and had a chance if not for that fiasco.

I think you let your radical dislike for coaches get the best of your judgement. I can think of plenty to complain about but Dr. T was sitting right behind our bench and doesn't need my help. We have some good players who could go either way. If it becomes apparent that coaching is the problem and probably won't improve I'm sure Osborne will do something about it. He tends to have a long leash and give the coach plenty of time to improve and I think that's all-around better than a knee-jerk reaction for many reasons.
I think TO was napping during Doc's embarassement or he should have fired him on the spot. wonder if he will talk to him like they did to Bo blowing a game?

Come on he had 1 rebound a few games back.

No Nebraska fan said that it was the officials fault that we lost. But, rightly so, poor officiating was pointed out.

Unfortunately, the Cornhusker board is constantly flooded by the fickle Creighton/Oregon/maybe Arkansas(pig sooey anyone?)/ and even sometime Nebraska contingent, depending who's doing better at the time, who don't give Husker fans the chance to talk about the highs and lows of our program.

It's impossible to bring up legitimate concerns, because the Jay(?) fans had their feeling hurt by Doc a few years back and have been relentless in their pursuit of their pound of flesh.

Instead of enjoying what appears to be a special season in McDermott's resume rebuilding career at the private school up the road, they're more intent on worrying about Doc and our Nebraska team.

Lame.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back