• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why are we not hearing about Ronald Thompkins?

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
As a highly rated RB coming out oif HS, he sat because of HS injuries. Has he healed and will he be ready in the spring?

Formal word was it was a cleanup from the previous surgery

Agree though with two major knee injuries he has a tough road to hoe

Not be a language nazi, but I found this, from Grammarbook.com, to be a pretty funny comment on "road to hoe" vs "row to hoe": "A road handles a lot of foot traffic and takes a beating from bicycles and cars. No one but a lunatic would want to hoe a road."

Not be a language nazi, but I found this, from Grammarbook.com, to be a pretty funny comment on "road to hoe" vs "row to hoe": "A road handles a lot of foot traffic and takes a beating from bicycles and cars. No one but a lunatic would want to hoe a road."

You mean like "not be a language nazi"

Why don't you tell us what you think about the OP?

Well, I was gonna do it if you hadn't already. Hilarious. :Lol:

It would be a great story if he recovered and became a contributor. I'm hoping for that.
By the way, RR might have intended a "tough road to haul," which means about the same as "tough row to hoe."

Formal word was it was a cleanup from the previous surgery

Agree though with two major knee injuries he has a tough road to hoe

You never know, though . . . ACL repairs being what they've become, you can see guys with more than one repair (sometimes on the same knee) come back pretty strong. He had some time to heal up the major repairs, so hopefully he's one of those dudes who can make a run at full recovery and some decent football life?

I think I remember my grandfather using the phrase, "a tough row to hoe". I took it as something like hoeing weeds in a bean field.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back