• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why Aranda?

Speaking as a philosophy professor, Aranda sounds like a legitimate lover of learning. I’m obviously biased, but I had no clue he was like this in an interview. So many coaches have been compared to TO, but if you look at Aranda’s actual liberal arts educational background and listen to him speak, the resemblance to TO is actually warranted way more than, say, Riley’s simple gentle demeanor. People forget TO has a doctorate in Ed. Psych, or at least fail to understand the likely correlation between his education and his success. Aranda appears to be a great communicator, but he probably has a wealth of approaches he can take to convince players why they should work hard and be good people. Also, don’t let his calm demeanor fool you. Aranda’s continual learning screams alpha. It makes sense he worked with Leach as well.

I see why TA might be pulling out the stops here. He’s a great, great fit. Donors would love him. So would players. He would mesmerize them.

He has a degree in Philosophy, a masters in interdisciplinary studies studying religion and sports psychology. Of all coaches active today he is the one closest to and cut from the same cloth as TO.

C

2020 2-10
2021 12-2 #5 Final Ranking
Avenged 1 of the 2 losses by beating Okie State for Conference Championship
#40 Offense in nation
#10 Defense in nation
#32 strength of schedule

The man can coach, and coach them up quickly. My 1a and 1b choices are Aranda and Fickell, in either order.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/baylor/2021.html
If you watch the video with Zach Smith, the former OSU WR coach, he says Aranda is the absolute homerun hire and that Fickell would never go to Nebraska because his wife will not leave Ohio.

Speaking as a philosophy professor, Aranda sounds like a legitimate lover of learning. I’m obviously biased, but I had no clue he was like this in an interview. So many coaches have been compared to TO, but if you look at Aranda’s actual liberal arts educational background and listen to him speak, the resemblance to TO is actually warranted way more than, say, Riley’s simple gentle demeanor. People forget TO has a doctorate in Ed. Psych, or at least fail to understand the likely correlation between his education and his success. Aranda appears to be a great communicator, but he probably has a wealth of approaches he can take to convince players why they should work hard and be good people. Also, don’t let his calm demeanor fool you. Aranda’s continual learning screams alpha. It makes sense he worked with Leach as well.

I see why TA might be pulling out the stops here. He’s a great, great fit. Donors would love him. So would players. He would mesmerize them.
Now this is a sales pitch unlike any other.

I am not Christian, I am a Bahai, raised Lutheran though and I have no issues. I like people who have something that grounds them.

Now I want to read the Immortal Diamond and take that course on the Franciscan monks.

C
I’m slightly biased but the stories of Catholic saints and those that devote themselves to religious life are absolutely fascinating and so inspiring.

If you watch the video with Zach Smith, the former OSU WR coach, he says Aranda is the absolute homerun hire and that Fickell would never go to Nebraska because his wife will not leave Ohio.
Note that aside from a brief stint in the NFL, Fickell has never worked outside of Ohio. I would love to get him, but it's a stretch to see it happening.

Edit to add his NFL stint was as a player. He has never coached outside of Ohio.

Last edited:

Why Aranda?

1663938694450.png

Why Aranda:

1) He’s a defensive minded coach … DC at So. Utah, Hawaii, Utah St, Wisconsin and LSU

2) Significant P5 coaching experience with 3 different schools

3) HC experience at Baylor

4) B1G experience at UW

5) Won B12 as HC, won SEC and NC as DC at LSU, won B1G West while at UW

6) Had defenses ranked in top 5 nationally in total defense and scoring defense

7) Has shown propensity to hire a very experienced coaching staff … OC at BU was a former O-Line player & coach with coaching experience at BYU, LSU, VTech and Auburn. DC at BU has 31 years of coaching experience.

I don’t understand someone who would severely limit their career by a spouse who will only live in one state. Crazy.
He's been able to make it work. Coaches don't spend a lot of time with wife and kids. Wife wants other family close. Understandable
Yes and No … limiting her husband to living in Ohio? If you marry a football coach … life might take you beyond the reaches of one particular state. Part of the deal.

Cincinnati and tOSU are the only two P5 schools in Ohio … kind of limiting her husbands career opportunities … what happens if he wears out his welcome at UC?

Nevertheless maybe he makes a 25 year career at UC … at some point in time the tOSU job may pass him by? What if Ryan Day stays forever or LF doesn’t get the job next?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back