• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why Aranda?

Yep

Not as pretty as Kevin Kugler
5 Year Member
Use this thread for positive comments only. It isn't why not Aranda. I think we should have multiple Why XXX coach threads started as well because it's fun to speculate and we are fans of the same team at the end of the day.

First, I hope Mickey earns the job but as some have mentioned it's almost an impossible lift for him. I think he should get more than a fair shake at the job.

Why Aranda? He knows how to beat the Wisconsin offense because he practiced against them every day. Your first job as a DC is to beat your own offense.

If we want to win B1G West titles, it goes through Wisconsin. We all know Wisconsin established its identity from a winning Nebraska football program (a far cry from our beloved program today) so they deserve a ton of credit but not all the credit. They tweaked that identity and established a B1G West powerhouse. I want to circle the Wisconsin game every year and say we win the B1G West if we beat them. Like the OU glory days.

Use this thread for positive comments only. It isn't why not Aranda. I think we should have multiple Why XXX coach threads started as well because it's fun to speculate and we are fans of the same team at the end of the day.

First, I hope Mickey earns the job but as some have mentioned it's almost an impossible lift for him. I think he should get more than a fair shake at the job.

Why Aranda? He knows how to beat the Wisconsin offense because he practiced against them every day. Your first job as a DC is to beat your own offense.

If we want to win B1G West titles, it goes through Wisconsin. We all know Wisconsin established its identity from a winning Nebraska football program (a far cry from our beloved program today) so they deserve a ton of credit but not all the credit. They tweaked that identity and established a B1G West powerhouse. I want to circle the Wisconsin game every year and say we win the B1G West if we beat them. Like the OU glory days.
For negative comments use a WHY NOT Aranda thread.

In a recent interview, DA said a very commonsensicle thing.
You expound on your strengths and hide your weaknesses so they cant be exposed.
At over 500 yds a game, we've been exposed.
He also says let success happen, dont get in the way of it.
I believe MJs learning this too from his comment about not using practices to drive out your athleticism as an example.

Hes a wisened coach with the right approach.

I agree Aranda has a great name. Another Baylor coach did too, his name was Tommie Frazier. How do we find the right guy? Who knows? Bring in a history of success? Unlikely. Bring in a guy that has all of the qualities.....that's what you got. That's all we have. Pray for the best.

Speaking as a philosophy professor, Aranda sounds like a legitimate lover of learning. I’m obviously biased, but I had no clue he was like this in an interview. So many coaches have been compared to TO, but if you look at Aranda’s actual liberal arts educational background and listen to him speak, the resemblance to TO is actually warranted way more than, say, Riley’s simple gentle demeanor. People forget TO has a doctorate in Ed. Psych, or at least fail to understand the likely correlation between his education and his success. Aranda appears to be a great communicator, but he probably has a wealth of approaches he can take to convince players why they should work hard and be good people. Also, don’t let his calm demeanor fool you. Aranda’s continual learning screams alpha. It makes sense he worked with Leach as well.

I see why TA might be pulling out the stops here. He’s a great, great fit. Donors would love him. So would players. He would mesmerize them.

Is Aranda the savior of NU football? Will I crown him the king of the world?
Nope, I'm done with those days. But above is why I'll support him if chosen by Trev for the job.

This will turn some off, but I'm a catholic and I love that he is reading about the Franciscan friars. It shows great humility. Here are a group of monks that do nothing but serve others.

I am not Christian, I am a Bahai, raised Lutheran though and I have no issues. I like people who have something that grounds them.

Now I want to read the Immortal Diamond and take that course on the Franciscan monks.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back