• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who is transferring?

I don't think he is saying that it is some big secret. He probably did not show enough in practice to warrant more playing time.

When you are only riding 7 horses, and some of those are a little needy, why would you think much of anything was shown or not shown in practice? I certainly saw enough positive in the limited minutes he got on the floor to merit more time. Unless he simply dogs it daily, and that doesn't appear to be his playing style, I don't think his practice skills were the issue.

3 of 8 on the season. What am I missing here.

Averaged 1.3 rebounds per. Hell even Benny avg 2.2.

We don't have a post presence and we don't have any pure shooters. Without these we will continue to struggle.

the only thing you're missing is that a guy who could be one of the better, if not the best, 3 pt shooter on the team only took 8 3pt shots all year.

There is a reason he only played 8 min per game.

we'd all love to know the reason. I've been commenting on this particular question all year. How a guy can disappear, then appear, then disappear, then start a game, then disappear is beyond me. i have a hard time believing its poor practice habits. it didn't seem to be due to poor game play - i thought fuller played well for the 20 minutes he played all year. for me, its just another one of the baffling puzzles of the Tim Miles chess game this season.

I hope you are not giving Miles too much credit by calling it a chess game. I hope it is not Pandora's shredded box!

You seem to feel you know a great deal about basketball based on your comments. Are there any teams besides Nebraska you feel underperformed this season, and would that suggest their coaches are lacking skills?

I don't mind Merle at all! :nod:

This is just his Therapy after enduring too many disappointing seasons; more than any man should be forced to bear (while waiting for that elusive first NCAA Tournament win). You know: Always a Bridesmaid, Never a...... Besides it beats the heck out of paying ThotDoc!

That is all - Carry-On! :Biggrin:

Last edited:
Pure speculation here, this makes me think Pitchford or Hammond are gone. We didn't go after a center this recruiting class, but let's say we lose Fuller, why all of a sudden would we need a big man? I was baffled we didn't get a post player this cycle, so maybe hind-sight was 50/50 and we realized next year will be tough with Pitchford and Hammond and we needed another big.

Well... There ya go...

You seem to feel you know a great deal about basketball based on your comments. Are there any teams besides Nebraska you feel underperformed this season, and would that suggest their coaches are lacking skills?

Texas (Yes), Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, Syracuse (Yes), Stanford and Minnesota

You seem to feel you know a great deal about basketball based on your comments.

M'goodness. I beg your pardon, Lars, certainly didn't mean to suggest anything of the sort. I think I have pointed out, over time here, that I am no expert. I am merely observing that it probably doesn't take much expertise to observe, after watching Miles closely this past season, that he seemed to be playing tiddly-winks rather than chess.
An aside comment, I have no idea which of the above activities lends itself more favorably to the fine art of tweeting.:Biggrin:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back