• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who is transferring?

Webster maybe? Dont see Parker leaving, I thought he was the leader out in practices and stuff. Just thought he was close with Miles and all. I could see Tai leaving to go play lower level ball or some small conference. Any guard for that matter has to think about it with the kids on the court next year. Let us know if you hear anything ***.

Apparently he was only averaging four or so points a game as a junior then just blew up as a senior averaging in the 20s. He looks better in his videos than Hammond did, and is playing against better competition. No offense to JH tho, that's not saying a lot.

Pure speculation here, this makes me think Pitchford or Hammond are gone. We didn't go after a center this recruiting class, but let's say we lose Fuller, why all of a sudden would we need a big man? I was baffled we didn't get a post player this cycle, so maybe hind-sight was 50/50 and we realized next year will be tough with Pitchford and Hammond and we needed another big guy?

Either way this guy has some work to do, but is more ready than JH was in my opinion...

I think it's very obvious that we need another big. Even if Pitchford and Hammond stay. We just don't have enough size on the present roster

When this year's class signed, I feel the staff thought Petteway would be going pro and counted on another schollie. They hadn't developed a relationship with a big and have been searching for one. There weren't any JUCOs that stood out and this guy blossomed. Just speculation on my part. I hope Coach Miles is hard pressing a big or two for next years class!!

I could see Webster transferring. With his reduced role this year and adding White and Watson to the guard mix, won't be a lot of opportunity to play.

What about andrew white?

Petteway, Shields, White, Smith, Pitchford starting out with Morrow, Fuller, Watson and Parker rotating in? Will be interesting to see it all play out.

That was in response to the PG spot...

White will get on the floor somewhere...

I'm just concerned how we replace LSmith, Rivers, and Ayegba. Pitchford is probably the least physical guy on our team and Hammond ain't ready. I think Iowa State does well for a team that really just starts a bunch of 6'8" guys but I don't think we are on that level...

When this year's class signed, I feel the staff thought Petteway would be going pro and counted on another schollie. They hadn't developed a relationship with a big and have been searching for one. There weren't any JUCOs that stood out and this guy blossomed. Just speculation on my part. I hope Coach Miles is hard pressing a big or two for next years class!!

I could see Webster transferring. With his reduced role this year and adding White and Watson to the guard mix, won't be a lot of opportunity to play.

You know, that very well could be. That they knew one would be opening up. I'm actually hoping we get this guy and a senior transfer if a couple guys are gone.

If Fuller transfers, I count that as a HUGE fail for Miles. Fuller has potential and could meet a niche that the team needs. a scrappy guy who can defend a little bigger then he is, and can also spot up for 3. why he wasn't able to get on the floor consistently this year has been one of the most puzzling things for me this season.

If Fuller transfers, I count that as a HUGE fail for Miles. Fuller has potential and could meet a niche that the team needs. a scrappy guy who can defend a little bigger then he is, and can also spot up for 3. why he wasn't able to get on the floor consistently this year has been one of the most puzzling things for me this season.

The knock on Fuller from the start has been his defense... both his size and foot speed. He addressed the size issue during his redshirt season, but I think Miles is still nervous to let him guard a quick 2. Webster and Parker played those guys, while Fuller defended against smaller 4's and slower 3's. I wasn't sure he could overcome the speed thing, but maybe having a very solid defensive base will be enough for more playing time next year.

I really hope he doesn't leave: he's got the look of a 'scorer' and shoots pretty well from outside as well.

Just looked at our stats this year, Petteway shot 217 three-pointers this year... Wow... Would have only been bested by Wragge on last years Creighton team, and would have shot more than McDermott...

Get to the hoop please...

Just looked at our stats this year, Petteway shot 217 three-pointers this year... Wow... Would have only been bested by Wragge on last years Creighton team, and would have shot more than McDermott...

Get to the hoop please...

This is also the thing with Pitchford, he's not really an inside guy. Hammond may not have shined, but he now has a year of being in college under his belt. That actually means something to most guys coming out of high school. Hammond wasn't a physical kid coming in and needed some maturing. Let him get focused on the weight room another offseason and he might surprise. I don't think adding the potential new guy would be predicated on getting rid of Hammond. The BIG has enough size and depth on teams to need to have at least 2-3 bigs on the roster.

Your point about Petteways 3's is valid, but you have to add in his are not generally in that perfect spot up mode after some good ball movement. I love it when you see the guy catch the swing pass and have defenders off so far they actually get to breath and getting a good shooting position. Too often Petteway is launching a 3 with someone in his face...which is not his shot.

The knock on Fuller from the start has been his defense... both his size and foot speed. He addressed the size issue during his redshirt season, but I think Miles is still nervous to let him guard a quick 2. Webster and Parker played those guys, while Fuller defended against smaller 4's and slower 3's. I wasn't sure he could overcome the speed thing, but maybe having a very solid defensive base will be enough for more playing time next year.

I really hope he doesn't leave: he's got the look of a 'scorer' and shoots pretty well from outside as well.

Every guy on a team doesn't have to be 'the glove' on defense to have a solid role. If he can shoot, brings some toughness and energy, passes and knows how to space to get guys open, I can live with less than perfect defense. Teams make adjustments for weaker defensive players all the time. Fuller needs a bigger role unless Miles has some ace up his sleeve we don't know about. Maybe one of the recruits is going to be Fuller only quicker, and he's expendable.

I don't want to see anyone leave, but that desire takes a back seat to our strong need for a contributing post player. If it's another project... no thankyou. But if the kid can step in and play/contribute next year, then I'm all for it.

I'm confident Morrow, Watson and White will be great additions to the team (and should contribute in 2015), but we will still be weak on the interior.

This is also the thing with Pitchford, he's not really an inside guy. Hammond may not have shined, but he now has a year of being in college under his belt. That actually means something to most guys coming out of high school. Hammond wasn't a physical kid coming in and needed some maturing. Let him get focused on the weight room another offseason and he might surprise. I don't think adding the potential new guy would be predicated on getting rid of Hammond. The BIG has enough size and depth on teams to need to have at least 2-3 bigs on the roster.

Your point about Petteways 3's is valid, but you have to add in his are not generally in that perfect spot up mode after some good ball movement. I love it when you see the guy catch the swing pass and have defenders off so far they actually get to breath and getting a good shooting position. Too often Petteway is launching a 3 with someone in his face...which is not his shot.

I brought up Hammond or Pitchford moving on because we weren't going after a big man at all and now all of a sudden we are...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back