• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who is transferring?

Every guy on a team doesn't have to be 'the glove' on defense to have a solid role. If he can shoot, brings some toughness and energy, passes and knows how to space to get guys open, I can live with less than perfect defense. Teams make adjustments for weaker defensive players all the time. Fuller needs a bigger role unless Miles has some ace up his sleeve we don't know about. Maybe one of the recruits is going to be Fuller only quicker, and he's expendable.

Absolutely. Good team defense can cover for a guy that might not count defense as his strong suit. This team struggles to score a day teams can slack off guys like parker, webster...well just about everyone...and clog up lanes that pettaway shields would like to drive. If fuller really can be a floor spacer you figure out a way to get him on the court.

I brought up Hammond or Pitchford moving on because we weren't going after a big man at all and now all of a sudden we are...

We may not have been aggressive about it, but we did entertain a couple of possible transfers if I'm not mistaken, Agau being one. I really don't know what Miles' mindset was when recruiting. I thought he might be going with something like the Kansas formula of a bunch of aggressive 6'4 to 6'7 guys at 4 spots, but that looks unlikely with the struggles to shoot. That formula only works if you can spread teams out and make them cover the perimeter.

I think this Michigan kid could be a nice piece to the puzzle if we are going to try and get back to 'Miles Ball'. He looks to move fairly well without the ball, cuts to the basket, and isn't afraid to run the court.

Absolutely. Good team defense can cover for a guy that might not count defense as his strong suit. This team struggles to score a day teams can slack off guys like parker, webster...well just about everyone...and clog up lanes that pettaway shields would like to drive. If fuller really can be a floor spacer you figure out a way to get him on the court.

The thing about a good scorer, and decent outside shooter is he can really change the offensive opportunities for the other 4 guys as well. It's not just his scoring we can benefit from, it's the rest of the team as well. That makes a defensive liability a little easier to swallow when you gain more than just his stats in the box score.

I thought Fuller played pretty decent defense! He kept himself positioned well being able to see his man and the ball. He also gave effort that a couple of the starters did not. Hustle and desire go a long ways!

I agree with above statement. I didn't see any glaring weakness in Fuller's defense. I thought he guarded pretty well actually, especially when on a guy a few inches taller then him. Is he a lock down defender? no. but I don't see that as a knock on him.

I stand by what i said earlier....if he transfers, I consider that a huge failure on Miles' part. He appears to be coachable, he hustles, scraps, plays unselfish....every team needs a guy like that. Oh, and he can shoot the 3.

That being said, no sense in moaning about something that hasn't happened so i'll drop it.

I thought Fuller played pretty decent defense! He kept himself positioned well being able to see his man and the ball. He also gave effort that a couple of the starters did not. Hustle and desire go a long ways!

I really didn't mean to say that Fuller shouldn't play because of his defense: I was just saying that was the knock on him coming in. He looked solid towards the end of the season (2 years of work at UNL) when he finally got to play. Miles still didn't like "matchups" sometimes and didn't play him. He played the 4 pretty well when needed, and hustled pretty much everywhere. He looked like a smaller freshman Chubick to me, or maybe Andrew Drevo. I really hope he stays, in short. :)

I agree with above statement. I didn't see any glaring weakness in Fuller's defense. I thought he guarded pretty well actually, especially when on a guy a few inches taller then him. Is he a lock down defender? no. but I don't see that as a knock on him.

I stand by what i said earlier....if he transfers, I consider that a huge failure on Miles' part. He appears to be coachable, he hustles, scraps, plays unselfish....every team needs a guy like that. Oh, and he can shoot the 3.

That being said, no sense in moaning about something that hasn't happened so i'll drop it.

3 of 8 on the season. What am I missing here.

Averaged 1.3 rebounds per. Hell even Benny avg 2.2.

We don't have a post presence and we don't have any pure shooters. Without these we will continue to struggle.

We don't have a post presence and we don't have any pure shooters. Without these we will continue to struggle.

37.5% makes him the best 3 point shooter on the team if that holds up over the course of a season with significant minutes (Not including Rivers who was 1 fer 1). Small sample size but he's the most likely player on the team to be that "pure shooter" that NU desperately needs.

Rebounding...based on rebounds per 40 minutes fuller would be at 6.4. Only Smith and Abraham have a number over 7 in that category. At his position his rebounding numbers are more than adequate.

What you are missing is that Fuller only got 8 minutes per game. Some are arguing that he deserves more. Its silly to compare Parkers average per game rebounds to Fuller when Parker gets 3.5 times the minutes. And 38% from three isn't horrible. The question is whether he could do it with a bunch of attempts.

I am guessing that he is saying that there must be a reason rather than saying he knows a specific reason.

I don't think he is saying that it is some big secret. He probably did not show enough in practice to warrant more playing time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back