• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who is the opposite of Oregon? Nebraska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

there is a big difference between the 2.

Nebraska is a BRAND with 50 years of high quality history.

Oregon is a FAD, The "trend of the day" with a high quality, but much more recent history, under 20 years to be sure.
How do you think Brands become Brands? They all started as Fads.

Wouldn't mind a pro-combat game every year. Ohio State has pulled this off in a very traditional classy look. Just keep it to school colors please.

It appears to me that the young man playing today desires the "less traditional" look. I recall someone posting the video a few months back of the Ohio Bobcat players being introduced to their black uniforms. Their reaction on this video is priceless. Now, did it make them play any better? Who knows, but it sure made them feel good at the time.

I don't buy your brand argument. Great brands constantly reinvent themselves and do so without losing their appeal.

pepsi-logo-transformation.png

It's true that Nebraska is a traditional school. But keeping tradition and reinventing brand messaging are not mutually exclusive.

I'm definitely in the 1973 category here.

Throwback? Nah, that's ACTUAL Pepsi (and the only kind I buy) much like the Osborne era represents NU football to those of who grew up at that time.

Funny how the logos are 40's/'50's (futility) '62 (Devaney era)' '73 Osborne era, 1991 pre-champ swing through pinnacle and modern nadir. If NU football is Pepsi, then Pedey/Cally were "Clear" Pepsi. Some initial excitement about a reinvention, terrible concept, terrible results, banished to oblivion like the poor imitation of the brand it tried to represent.

I think we need Pepsi to update their logo to something a little brasher so we can close the book on that 'brand era' of Husker football.

I usually like Oregon's uniforms each week, the constant changing works for them. I like our uniforms but if there are some changes once in a while that doesn't bother me. I actually liked when we wore all white on the road.

I don't buy your brand argument. Great brands constantly reinvent themselves and do so without losing their appeal.

It's true that Nebraska is a traditional school. But keeping tradition and reinventing brand messaging are not mutually exclusive.

You missed the first one in 1898 when they went from "Brad's Drink" to Pepsi Cola. Probably a good thing as Brad's Drink just doesn't seem to have the same kind of oomph as Pepsi. Imagine the old slogan "you're in the Brad's Drink generation!"?????

Our uni's need to stay just the way they are, no need to reinvent the wheel.

There has been a little evolution in Lincoln.

FP-10403-7.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back