• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who is the opposite of Oregon? Nebraska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHudson

Administrator
Staff member
20 Year Member
Gridiron fashion statements

This aired Sunday morning on CBS. Nebraska resisting the trend is mentioned about five minutes into the segment

What do you think -- would you like to see Nebraska take the plunge, and will it ever happen?

<iframe frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" align="top" width="630" height="420" src="http://www.huskermax.com/pastnews/events/2012unis.html"></iframe>

Last edited:
Yesterday on CBS Sunday Morning, they ran a piece about Oregon's thousands of uniform combination, and how fashion is taking over college football. Paul Lukas, from Uni-Watch was an "expert" opinion, and used Nebraska as an example of how simple is better

You can check it out here: http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/01/09/more-childhood-uni-photos/

Scroll down past all of the photos to see the video. Nebraska shows up around the 5:15 mark.

I think this should be required viewing for anyone who thinks Nebraska needs to jump on the "pro-combat" bandwagon or break out black helmets.

there is a big difference between the 2.

Nebraska is a BRAND with 50 years of high quality history.

Oregon is a FAD, The "trend of the day" with a high quality, but much more recent history, under 20 years to be sure.

Nice little segment on NU in there.

I loved the line, "It's one thing to look like a clown and win. Then you are a winner. If you don't win, you just look like a clown."

Couldn't agree more.

Oregon is a FAD, The "trend of the day" with a high quality, but much more recent history, under 20 years to be sure.

I don't buy your brand argument. Great brands constantly reinvent themselves and do so without losing their appeal.

pepsi-logo-transformation.png

It's true that Nebraska is a traditional school. But keeping tradition and reinventing brand messaging are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Wouldn't PSU be the opposite of Oregon? At least NU has tried to do different things with their uni's. Granted, they aren't as flashy as Oregon, but there were a number of subtle changes around 2002, and I know NU has done the all red, and all white uni's in the past.

I'd like to see a "Pro Combat" type of uniform in the traditional style. If that's possible. Maybe for the spring games!

Most of the 19 and 20 year olds don't care what happened in 1970. Old school to these kids is 2007 which is when results play a big factor. It seems some people ignore the fact that these kids like to look good while winning. A new uniform makes them feel like they are that much better than the next team that's playing in uniforms that their fathers played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back