• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who is Mike Jacobson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, except I do have a problem with it......timing sucks etc.....but like you said in a few days to a week it will blow over....would love to see Olson ask Bo a question though at a presser....;) :Biggrin:

It's not Olson's job to worry about timing.

At least from this booster....I'm not so sure he talks for them all...and yeah it was a hit piece...Olson knew exactly what he was doing and the AP is loving life tonight with all of the hits this article is probably getting....

Just meant the writer was writing a hot seat article and found someone to support the article. See bilskers post above...I agree the timing sucks, but this isn't the first time I seen Bo's name on a hot seat list, and think there may be some slight overreaction to one boosters opinion.

No argument.....although I'm not sure every one around the program agrees with waht Jacobsen said....and that is boosters and fans.....but yes there is some sentiment as is to be expected....

Funny if the team goes 12-0 this year minds will be changed and feelings soothed....always happens....

I would expect that a writer writing for a national "publication" does know exactly what he's doing. So. You read the "repeated blowout" stuff on here. Other boards. It's a regular theme on talk radio. The sentiment IS out there. Being that the writer is writing for a national publication and is based in Omaha I believe I imagine his job is to report on Nebraska/big 10 type stuff...let people nationally know what the feeling is around the program. And he's not wrong. Not everyone can be a program mouthpiece like Sipple.

Fact is the blowout losses DO taint the record.

I agree....

Does he speak for all boosters?.....no...some.....yes.....

Overreaction....yeah perhaps....but a passionate fan base....

Just meant the writer was writing a hot seat article and found someone to support the article. See bilskers post above...I agree the timing sucks, but this isn't the first time I seen Bo's name on a hot seat list, and think there may be some slight overreaction to one boosters opinion.

I imagine the writer was seeking someone to quote that would express the sentiment he was reporting on. And we KNOW that sentiment is out there. Therefore, who does the reporter talk to? Some schmoe off the street? Not likely. He seeks out someone who probably has a little more pull than you or I. Now, should they guy have just said "no thanks"? Maybe. Maybe not. If he really feels that way and doesn't mind his name being associated with the statement...I really have no problem with it. Much ado about nothing, really.

I think it's a bit of a guessing game trying to determine if Olson himself had some sort of personal grudge he wanted portrayed. The only thing for certain is what Jacobson said. I can't say for certain if Olson had a negative objective or not -- so I can't fairly bash him, as it is easy to do with Jacobson. For all we know, Olson was simply sent out to speak to a big dollar booster to get his opinion on the state of the program -- not having any idea what Jacobson would say.

I think it's a bit of a guessing game trying to determine if Olson himself had some sort of personal grudge he wanted portrayed. The only thing for certain is what Jacobson said. I can't say for certain if Olson had a negative objective or not -- so I can't fairly bash him, as it is easy to do with Jacobson. For all we know, Olson was simply sent out to speak to a big dollar booster to get his opinion on the state of the program -- not having any idea what Jacobson would say.
I'm fairly certain Olson was formerly with the OWH and still lives in Nebraska. Point being he's aware of the sentiment that the blowouts taint the "9 win season" streak. I'd be surprised if he was doing anything but writing a story about that sentiment....that he just stumbled upon it while talking to the booster.

Anyhow ... it appears (from what internet tg mentioned) that the timing is largely due to Jacobson opening a new bank today. That put the big booster in the spotlight to begin with. I don't know if we'll ever know if Olson has his own personal ax to grind. As I said before, we only know for sure how Jacobson feels.

I love you my friend but I have a hard time believing Olson did not know what he was doing and sought out Jacobsen to add credence to his article and I suspect the boosters feelings were well known in certain circles....thus why this particular booster? Because he was willing it appears to put his opinion in print....and I think he might rue that he did that....

That is correct.....for 15 years and he is a UNL grad too....

I'm fairly certain Olson was formerly with the OWH and still lives in Nebraska. Point being he's aware of the sentiment that the blowouts taint the "9 win season" streak. I'd be surprised if he was doing anything but writing a story about that sentiment....that he just stumbled upon it while talking to the booster.

Last edited:

I can't say you're wrong -- but I can't say you're right either. Again, he may very well have just been sent out to interview a booster opening a new bank today and get his opinion on Bo. Does Olson have a history of negativity toward the program? Whether either of us would be surprised one way or the other still leaves a bit of uncertainty. Again, you may very well be correct -- but not without some speculation. The only one you can clearly attack is Jacobson -- there is no doubt on his sentiment.

I love you my friend but I have a hard time believing Olson did not know what he was doing and sought out Jacobsen to add credence to his article and I suspect the boosters feelings were well known in certain circles....thus why this particular booster? Because he was willing it appears to put his opinion in print....and I think he might rue that he did that....

I don't know for sure why this particular booster -- other than apparently today was the grand opening of his new bank (per our poster, internet tg), which had him in the spotlight for potential interviews to begin with.

As I said to bilsker ... I can't say you're wrong ... but I can say that there still is some speculation involved regardless or your (or my) opinion of Olson. And my opinion of Olson may very well be the same as yours -- but I just don't think it's fair to hold a negative opinion on him without knowing all of the facts. I do think it's fair to hold a negative opinion on Jacobson.

Last edited:

Yeah the true story would be interesting....but we will more than likely never know.....but I agree with you he owns what he said regardless of the motives of either man and as I said he is probably going to rue saying it for a national media outlet like the AP.....

In he end as bils said it will blow over....and a great season will bury it and the schedule sets up for 11 or 12 wins in my opinion....

I don't know for sure why this particular booster -- other than apparently today was the grand opening of his new bank (per our poster, internet tg), which had him in the spotlight for potential interviews to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back