• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who is Mike Jacobson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck Stewart Mandel a national CFB writer put BP on the hot seat of sorts as recently as last week.

I heard someone talking about this article on the radio on my way to work this morning, and I thought it must have been some pretty damning stuff.

Turns out, it's just a bunch of fluff.

The article had a negative tone to it, but I suppose that's to be expected given the way the season ended. Whatever. Jacobson's expectations are actually similar to mine, and I'm fully behind Bo.

- Jacobson said "he's going to have to eliminate the blowouts." Duh. Who disagrees with that?

- Jacobson said we need to finish in the top 10 and compete for a national championship. Again, that's not unrealistic. Nebraska SHOULD be in the national conversation. Most people here think that it's very realistic to be sitting at 8-0 heading into Ann Arbor. If that's the case, we will probably be inside the top 10 in November. A win at Michigan (which isn't unrealistic by any means) would probably get Nebraska into some title talk.

- Finally, Jacobson said that Nebraska needs to make it to the conference championship game. I agree, with a caveat. It's possible (not necessarily saying it's likely) that the Huskers and the Wolverines could both be sitting at 7-1 in conference play at the end of the year. If Michigan has the head to head win, they go to the championship game. I would be disappointed, but I wouldn't think that the season was a bust if NU is 11-1, 7-1. I think Jacobson would be ok with that as well. Especially if the one loss was a close game.

An 11-1 (or better) season, a conference championship, and/or a BCS bowl game should calm people down.

Best post in the thread. This is a tempest in a teapot. Every coach at this level is "on the clock" at all times. Seems like a fairly benign and obvious observation.

The suggestion that this guy's comments are going to impact recruiting is laughable. Yes, I can see Urban now. "Young man, I see you are considering Nebraska. Are you aware that fan expectations are high?"

Last edited:
I'm a Bo fan and in the camp that thinks he has the potential to take Husker Football to contender status. I see evolution. He was under 40 when he took the job. It seems like his coaching choices are working out, mostly. It seems like he his handling his spokesperson role much better. Recruiting is a tough road -- but it's hard for me to imagine anyone doing much better with the same high standards, honesty and fairness to players that this staff holds up. The offense is humming and we are waiting to see if his defense can produce. It may well be a pivotal year with a favorable schedule and the scheme, staff consistency from last year to this. I sense a lot of confidence in Bo and the coaches, along with recognition of limitations, so I tend to think it's going to be a good year. I guess the chips will fall where they do.

I'm guessing you might just be right....that the AP reporter sought him out....

And that search started six years ago, and the guy just finally found someone to quote that fit his story line. I agree with Yuengling ................who the h*!l is Mike Jacobson ? And even more ...........who the H*!l is Eric Olson ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back