• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Are we Still Targeting

Since NU could only count 5 new recruits back against last year's total, wouldn't they be capped at 30 regardless of attrition??

Also, i didn't think transfers counted against the limit of recruits a team could sign...is that wrong?? Or, in other words, any summer transfers would either count against next year or this years "budget"?

From what I understand, there is a 25+3 rule in the B1G (with reasoning required for the extra spots - like attrition), giving them a budget of 28 for 2019 class, but they can use some of the early enrollees to backfill the previous class (as you said 5 can be allotted to 2018). In theory, this could allow them to sign as many as 33 if you maximized each of those (provided you have scholarships to give of course). I'm not sure how transfers are allocated.

Nebraska is at 82 scholarships, which means they can hypothetically add 6 more to this class (85+3). I don't expect Desmond Bland to be in this class, but I do expect Dedrick Mills to. Until something changes, i'll pencil him in this class. So here's my ideal five kids to finish off this recruiting class:

1. DB Noa Pola-Gates
2. OLB Brandon Mack
3. WR Charles Njoku
4. DT Matthew Pola-Mao
5. CB DJ James

*If Mills doesn't make it, I'd put RB John Bivens in there.
After much research and soul searching I'm with N2FL on this one.

If there is any more attrition, wouldn’t we see it before the new semester starts in a couple weeks?

Just offered OLB Dylan Jordan. Despite the cupboards getting bare, I really like this kid. Pure athlete. Definitely a project but super intriguing. Got the frame to put on a lot of good weight. Wiry like Gregory and has a motor that doesn't stop. 3* on Rivals. Don't see a ranking for 247

Since NU could only count 5 new recruits back against last year's total, wouldn't they be capped at 30 regardless of attrition??

Also, i didn't think transfers counted against the limit of recruits a team could sign...is that wrong?? Or, in other words, any summer transfers would either count against next year or this years "budget"?

From what I understand, there is a 25+3 rule in the B1G (with reasoning required for the extra spots - like attrition), giving them a budget of 28 for 2019 class, but they can use some of the early enrollees to backfill the previous class (as you said 5 can be allotted to 2018). In theory, this could allow them to sign as many as 33 if you maximized each of those (provided you have scholarships to give of course). I'm not sure how transfers are allocated.

I think that between the two of you, you've framed the questions that I have been trying to understand about 'how scholarships are credited to a previous class's & how does a grad transfer of awarding a scholarship to a graduating walk-on impact the limits.

Regardless of how you slice it, 85 is the magic # in August; but taking it another step, next season's class has currently 16 scholarships & the +3 rule would get 2020 budget to 19. Having some schollies available to count back to the 2019 (push 2020 budget over 20) might help balance the roster somewhat.

Just offered OLB Dylan Jordan. Despite the cupboards getting bare, I really like this kid. Pure athlete. Definitely a project but super intriguing. Got the frame to put on a lot of good weight. Wiry like Gregory and has a motor that doesn't stop. 3* on Rivals. Don't see a ranking for 247

....and Michael Lockhart

Man Dylan Jordan is fast as .... Flies across the screen. Great hands and vision.

Free article from 247:

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...ond-recruiting-period--126626324/#126626324_1

*OL Desmond Bland
*RB John Bivens
*DT Renato Brown
*JUCO DE Soni Fonua
*OLB Desmond Little
*OLB Brandon Mack
*CB Tavian Mayo
*WR Charles Njoku
*DB Noa Pola-Gates
*DT Matthew Pola-Mao
*DB Jamel Starks
Wasn't aware of Renato Brown... wonder if he is plan B for if Pola-Mao doesn't come? Dawson has a pretty good class if we can get a high school NG to get in here.

This staff does a really good job of starting to get those Plan B's ready in case things go bad with someone they feel good about.

Last edited:
...This staff does a really good job of starting to get those Plan B's ready in case things go bad with someone they feel good about.

agree 110%... coming from a non power 5 program like UCF, that foresight (& even plan C...) was probably a necessity

I thought the +3 only applied to the 85 total limitation. Don't think there is any way to get to 33 this year.

I thought the +3 only applied to the 85 total limitation. Don't think there is any way to get to 33 this year.
I think it will depend on the scholarships counted back? And attrition of course, I am wondering if we will see more attrition here in the next 2 weeks? My guess is yes. Weinmasters football scholarship will be available, plus an attrition of 3, possibly 4 more players? N2FL and *** can probably help us with more info on that. I would have to believe that after this year we would not be having such large classes every year. But some of that will depend on JUCO's taken and short careers?

Attrition only adds space to the 85 overall limit, the total spots available for this year won't change.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back