• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Are we Still Targeting

January targets are DB Noa Pola-Gates (if he didn't sign and keeping quiet till Jan.19), DT Matthew Pola-Mao, OLB Brandon Mack, WR Charles Njoku, CB Jamel Starks, RB John Bivens, JUCO DE Soni Fonua.

Pola-Mao, Mack, Bivens, Njoku and Fonua are either already scheduled to visit in January, or likely to do so.

Starks is a guy that this staff has had towards the top of their DB board since spring. They could use him AND Pola-Gates IMO, but at least one of them. This class is lacking corners. Alarmingly so IMO. At this point with Starks, though, is what else can Nebraska do? They've been recruiting him hard since May. He's visited, he knows he's a priority to this staff... if he's not convinced yet I don't know if he will be.

Last edited:

January targets are DB Noa Pola-Gates (if he didn't sign and keeping quiet till Jan.19), DT Matthew Pola-Mao, OLB Brandon Mack, WR Charles Njoku, CB Jamel Starks, RB John Bivens, JUCO DE Soni Fonua.

Pola-Mao, Mack, Bivens, Njoku and Fonua are either already scheduled to visit in January, or likely to do so.

Starks is a guy that this staff has had towards the top of their DB board since spring. They could use him AND Pola-Gates IMO, but at least one of them. This class is lacking corners. Alarmingly so IMO. At this point with Starks, though, is what else can Nebraska do? They've been recruiting him hard since May. He's visited, he knows he's a priority to this staff... if he's not convinced yet I don't know if he will be.
Is Starks waiting for his dream school to have an opening?

Is Starks waiting for his dream school to have an opening?

It does feel like he's waiting for something or someone. Does he want a bigger offer closer to home? Feels like it. Recruiting isn't as simple as black and white, but looking from the outside, despite being Top 25 teams the last few years, NC State and West Virginia shouldn't be getting equal footing with a kid against Nebraska unless it's about location. Of course each case is unique, but just generally speaking is all I'm saying.

Are they a package deal? Can I go pick him up and bring him to Lincoln? Where does he live? :)
Not sure they are an official package deal, but getting one could definitely lead to the other. For the trip, make sure that you have your car all ready to go...

145057d1525820442-wagon-fans-thread-wagon.jpg

I noticed that Chester Graves, the #1 OLB from IWCC is still available. There are lots of high profile players that are still available that NU has offered, according to Rivals.

Pola-Gates is signed sealed and delivered. My crystal ball says Nebraska. There has been so much inuendo on the local sports radio. If you listen carefully, Sharpe often leads Benning with a line of questioning only to have Benning give the "ahh shucks" routine, basically confirming everything Sharpe had asked. But it's obvious that Benning fed the info to Sharpe so Sharpe knows what to ask. It's great radio.

@308_husker is my twitter, but some of you already know what it is.

Pola-Gates is signed sealed and delivered. My crystal ball says Nebraska. There has been so much inuendo on the local sports radio. If you listen carefully, Sharpe often leads Benning with a line of questioning only to have Benning give the "ahh shucks" routine, basically confirming everything Sharpe had asked. But it's obvious that Benning fed the info to Sharpe so Sharpe knows what to ask. It's great radio.

@308_husker is my twitter, but some of you already know what it is.
You Sir are a rare Poster indeed. You have defied the saying "you can't please all the people, all the time" when in fact you have pleased more than all the people, all the time since you have more Likes Received than Messages posted.

Now please go post something extremely pathetic and naive; so I can feel more secure about myself. Thank you. :Cool:

Last edited:
If we got Noa Pola-Gates and Starks I would be beyond thrilled! This class is looking good, but that would take it into 'great' status IMO, but I'm no recruiting guru.

It does feel like he's waiting for something or someone. Does he want a bigger offer closer to home? Feels like it. Recruiting isn't as simple as black and white, but looking from the outside, despite being Top 25 teams the last few years, NC State and West Virginia shouldn't be getting equal footing with a kid against Nebraska unless it's about location. Of course each case is unique, but just generally speaking is all I'm saying.

Sam McKewon made a good point the other day on the radio saying that the kids that seemed to want to go somewhere else and end up signing with Nebraska, don't work out. Now I realize that's not true 100% of the time, but he named quite a few guys (it was a few days ago, so I've already forgot). Frost has alluded to it as well, in saying we want people that want to be at Nebraska. If we have worked that hard to recruit Starks and he isn't on board yet, maybe we spend our energy elsewhere.

Sam McKewon made a good point the other day on the radio saying that the kids that seemed to want to go somewhere else and end up signing with Nebraska, don't work out. Now I realize that's not true 100% of the time, but he named quite a few guys (it was a few days ago, so I've already forgot). Frost has alluded to it as well, in saying we want people that want to be at Nebraska. If we have worked that hard to recruit Starks and he isn't on board yet, maybe we spend our energy elsewhere.
This is Kenny. Kenny wanted to be a puffalo so bad that He wore an old CU shirt under his Jersey. He did all right.
images

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back