• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who Are #15 and #16?

PICK TWO: If the Big Ten expands again, who are #15 and #16?

• Kansas

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Kansas State

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Oklahoma State

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Iowa State

• Missouri

• Texas

• Notre Dame

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Virginia

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Virginia Tech

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • West Virginia

• Pitt

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Syracuse

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Boston College

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Louisville

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • North Carolina

• Georgia Tech

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Florida State

• Other

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
and we need a balance to this "eastern" leaning of the B1G

Yeah..let's get Colorado to switch from the Pac 12. :) Oh, wait...they're not on the list.

Voted Oklahoma and Loiusville. Both very good teams, and perhaps we could get the NU/OU rivalry back on track with the Friday after Thanksgiving game.

I put ND (I think the flirting between ND and Big East has been for leverage with B1G), and Virginia Tech.

I know ND would fit the B1G, not sure about VT's academics and fit, but I think it would fit the MO in regards to TV sets and income.

I put ND (I think the flirting between ND and Big East has been for leverage with B1G), and Virginia Tech.

I know ND would fit the B1G, not sure about VT's academics and fit, but I think it would fit the MO in regards to TV sets and income.

Assuming you mean ACC? I don't think it's posturing personally, think they got what they were looking for with the ACC and that's why the move. As well as the fact the Big Least is going bye bye

Two teams from the same state is a non-starter. No Virginia and Virginia tech. No Duke and North Carolina. My money is on North Carolina and Ga Tech.

Last edited:
I picked Syracuse and BC, though I still think that Texas and Notre Dame would be the B1Gs favored results. I think there's a lot of ACC teams that could be candidates, I think Miami should be on the list too.

Notre Dame will never happen. They prize independence over all else, including money and championship hardware. Boston College has possibilities. Phase two appears to be all about consolidating major media markets and Boston is top ten.

Last edited:

Notre Dame will never happen. They prize independence over all else, including money and championship hardware. Boston College has possibilities. Phase two appears to be all about consolidating major media markets and Boston is top ten.

I think you could be right, also I'm glad someone understands that ND independence is not about a silly NBC contract. But, the super conferences could pressure them into it by every conference having 9 game conference schedules. This will make scheduling home and homes problematic.

Sorry, I have lost all respect for Delaney, who now only cares about TV sets, that means the next two teams have to be from Houston (University of Houston) and Los Angeles (name anyone who wants in--Pomona? Maybe USC will jump), the footprint must reach across the country. So he is trading money for diluting the big and building up mediocre teams. The recuriting may expand into NJ and Maryland for NU, but players like many Ca players who can choose the Pac 12, can now decide to stay home and play in the Big. Eventually Rutgers and Maryland will benefit from access to more local players., who likely would have opted not to play in the ticky tacky East conference or the ACC.

ND #15, and any number of other #16's. No way ISU gets a look. I think Mizzou before KU if the B1G is so inclined (and I know Mizzou would jump at the chance). Thought about ND and BC and a pair...?

Sorry, I have lost all respect for Delaney, who now only cares about TV sets, that means the next two teams have to be from Houston (University of Houston) and Los Angeles (name anyone who wants in--Pomona? Maybe USC will jump), the footprint must reach across the country. So he is trading money for diluting the big and building up mediocre teams. The recuriting may expand into NJ and Maryland for NU, but players like many Ca players who can choose the Pac 12, can now decide to stay home and play in the Big. Eventually Rutgers and Maryland will benefit from access to more local players., who likely would have opted not to play in the ticky tacky East conference or the ACC.

While I won't say Delaney can't make mistakes, I will say that he's just being proactive in a shifting CFB climate. We all know this thing is heading to 16 team conferences, so if we know it he certainly knows it. I understand your feeling about diluting, but it is what it is. If it's gonna be diluted I would still rather see NU in the conference that people are jumping to, and a conference that appears poised to fill the coffers more than any other conference can. That sets up NU well in being able to compete for the best coaches, recruits, facilites, etc.

While I like the quaintness of small regional conferences, you have to look at the possibilities for NU to build their brand larger than it's ever been. That's kind of exciting.

Last edited:

While I won't say Delaney can't make mistakes, I will say that he's just being proactive in a shifting CFB climate. We all know this thing is heading to 16 team conferences, so if we know it he certainly knows it. I understand your feeling about diluting, but it is what it is. If it's gonna be diluted I would still rather see NU in the conference that people are jumping to, and a conference that appears poised to fill the coffers more than any other conference can. That sets up NU well in being able to compete for the best coaches, recruits, facilites, etc.

While I like the quaintness of small regional conferences, you have to look at the possibilities for NU to build their brand larger than it's ever been. That's kind of exciting.

I have been sitting here thinking about your comments, most of which i agree with and I guess there was no alterntive in the NYC area beyond the mediocre Rutgers program (I am talking about the athletic program); For D.C. area, Virginia or VPI, maybe, maybe not, because the Va legislature has got involved in behalf of UVA and VPI in the past, so maybe one was not really an option, so the Big is left with the silly uniforms and weak football program at Maryland. Let's pretend Delaney is a visionary (I disagree with you about this), then I stick with a texas university with a major airport for easy travel (Houston or DFW, so why not Houston or TCU) and a west coast, California that is, university. Would Stanford leave for the big money?

I have been sitting here thinking about your comments, most of which i agree with and I guess there was no alterntive in the NYC area beyond the mediocre Rutgers program (I am talking about the athletic program); For D.C. area, Virginia or VPI, maybe, maybe not, because the Va legislature has got involved in behalf of UVA and VPI in the past, so maybe one was not really an option, so the Big is left with the silly uniforms and weak football program at Maryland. Let's pretend Delaney is a visionary (I disagree with you about this), then I stick with a texas university with a major airport for easy travel (Houston or DFW, so why not Houston or TCU) and a west coast, California that is, university. Would Stanford leave for the big money?

You know, I am not trying to aruge here at all. I feel a lot the way you do, Rutgers and Maryland on the field leave A LOT to be desired. Now, with additional revenues for Maryland, and Rutgers playing in a real conference may be just the boost each needs. You never know. As far as Texas, I am all for it. Don't think you'll see the west coast thing though, as I don't see those teams leaving the Pac 12/16, jmo. ND and UT are the prize, ND and FSU/GT would also be great.

As far as Delaney, you can't argue with what the guy has done with the B1G and the BTN (that truly was visionary). He's kept the B1G relevant IMO when it hasn't had a lot of power on the gridiron over the past 20 years. I know some might argue that last point but I think it's true when you stack them up to the SEC and Big 8/12 especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back