• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who Are #15 and #16?

PICK TWO: If the Big Ten expands again, who are #15 and #16?

• Kansas

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Kansas State

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Oklahoma State

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Iowa State

• Missouri

• Texas

• Notre Dame

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Virginia

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Virginia Tech

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • West Virginia

• Pitt

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Syracuse

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Boston College

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Louisville

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • North Carolina

• Georgia Tech

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Florida State

• Other

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely Kansas ... The KC market is important and it is part of the B10s midwestern roots.
I think North Carolina is a target but not sure how you get NC without NC State or Duke

Absolutely Kansas ... The KC market is important and it is part of the B10s midwestern roots.
I think North Carolina is a target but not sure how you get NC without NC State or Duke

and we need a balance to this "eastern" leaning of the B1G

I still believe Missouri would come running if the B1G extended an invitation to join. I have not spoken to a single Mizzou fan who didn't say they would rather be in the B1G.

Midwestern roots means absolutely nothing. If they wanted that market so bad, they should have went for Missouri. I am not saying that Kansas is off the table but Missouri would have been a better choice. There is no way UNC and Duke split up IMO.

I put Virginia and Georgia Tech. I would have loved to put FSU in there but I just don't see them going Big10.

Money first-- ND/GaTech/FlaSt (a combination of two of the three)
Footprint first--Iowa St/Notre Dame
Football first--see money first

I'm hoping ND is in there, but I think that ship has sailed. So I picked GT and NC for TV markets alone. I don't think the KC market is as big as those, and as Red pointed out, if they really wanted KC that bad they would have picked Mizzou. Also, I think there is likely some overlap for KC with Nebraska.

A big difference between who I would like it to be and who it will be.

This is not about the teams/schools that you like best or have the most successful programs. This is about TV packages and population centers in places your league wants to be and currently isn't. For the B1G you also throw in the concept of like-minded schools from an academic perspective.

I voted Virginia and GT based on the blogs I have read that seem to have the business angle on this figured out. I think Virginia/UNC/ND would be about as good as this could go for the B1G. If you could throw that out demographics and TV money, I would probably like to see Mizzou and KU based on being an NU fan all my life and the Big 8 and to some degree the Big XII history. I would be stunned if either of those schools ended up in the B1G though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back