• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where will Bo land?

He'll be in the mix for FBS jobs next year, but I really think he was salty enough about getting canned that he might just stay at YSU until his full payout is done just to stick it to SE/NU.
If that's true he'd be a total chump. not because he owes anyone anything as far as getting off the teet. but because if someone is really giving him a chance to take over a p5 program and he doesn't take it to just collect a check and/or stick to nebraska then he's not much of a competitor. but if he's happy at YSU and that's why he stays...more power to him.

Last edited:

If that's true he'd be a total chump. not because he owes anyone anything as far as getting off the teet. but because if someone is really giving him a chance to take over a p5 program and he doesn't take it to just collect a check and/or stick to nebraska then he's not much of a competitor. but if he's happy at YSU and that's why he stays...more power to him.
I don't think that will be the case for a HC gig. For a coordinator yes, not for a HC job. I'm pretty sure he could have gone somewhere to be a DC for prolly close to 1m per. He isn't gonna do it while NU is paying him. I wouldn't either.

I can't imagine Bo would keep a lesser gig just because of the NU payout. He'll make that minimum no matter where he goes, and if it is more he's still making NU money, just keeping his current U at a lesser pay if I understand the payout rules. If I was making that kind of $ I wouldn't care where it came from, that is some serious dough. At $140k a month that is serious money, more than I make in 3 years. I don't feel sorry for folks in that position no matter who they are.

If Bo leaves for a HC gig in FBS... he aint making the minimum... he will get 1mill or more a year... Otherwise he wont leave. If YSU performs well next season and look to be heading into the playoffs again... he will be snatched up, maybe even by a P5... Records don't lie and programs that can't seem to win will do whatever it takes to find an edge.

If Bo leaves for a HC gig in FBS... he aint making the minimum... he will get 1mill or more a year... Otherwise he wont leave. If YSU performs well next season and look to be heading into the playoffs again... he will be snatched up, maybe even by a P5... Records don't lie and programs that can't seem to win will do whatever it takes to find an edge.
Unfortunately this is probably more true than not.

Anyone that thinks Bo Pelini is not going to get some Power 5 offers in the next 2 years is fooling themselves... you dont have his winning % and not get offers when there are so many re-treads. Coaching ability is not an issue for him and his brother... Their defense is one of the best in FCS this year... If they upset a 10-1 Jacksonville St this weekend... he is going to turn some heads.
:Popcorn:

You're right, February of 2019. damn. So he will be at YSU for another few years.
Bo's personality was to stick it to NU to the very bitter end.......But, ironically, he may have taken himself out of a 1-A coaching gig by staying at YSU a few years too many when, IMO, and from what I can recollect, he probably could of had a 1-A head coaching job a few years ago. But he should have some serious coin in the bank, minus what his smart rear end kid used to go to college on.

Bo can retire at YSU and live off of what we paid him not to coach. And if he wants another gig, he will get one.

If I'm ou I throw some money at him. He a doosh and not 1a head coach material but he can do a hell of a lot better with ou's talent than whoever they've been paying the last few years.

Last edited:
If I'm ou I throw some money at him. He a doosh and not 1a head coach material but he can do a hall of apt better with ou's talent than whoever they've been paying the last few years.

Diaco and BP on the same staff would be quite something...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back