• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What's next for Bo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what was the final straw for me for Bo. I was as big a fan of Bo as anyone when he first got overlooked for Callahan and then when we finally hired him. Slowly over the years, I started to see a lot I didn't like but still rooted for him. After Friday's meltdown and then the University coming out in support of him without addressing his meltdown, that was it for me. I believe if the Huskers prosper next season, it will be in spite of Bo, not due to Bo.

Who cares why NU prospers or who takes credit. As long as they do, right?

Because you've been so painfully negative about him that it has taken over most of your posting. Your posting has become so belligerently negative toward the head coach that it has become difficult to see your passion for the team. Your passion for posting negativity about the head coach has eclipsed your passion for the huskers.

Take out the words painfully and belligerently and I probably won't argue too much with that.

What convinces me that Bo is not a very good coach is his abject failure to fix our continued turnover problems. Many articles have been published show the direct relationship between having negative turnover margin = LOSSES!! What the heck has to happen to get Bo to get that fixed? Once again we are one of the WORST teams in college football in turnover margin. I must assume Bo DOES NOT know and is clueless WHY this continues year after year! Many many teams with much lessor players have much better turnover margin.

It's cost us again this year.. big time! All I ever hear are excuses why we are so lousy in this critical area. If Bo really is the coach his supporters believe he is then he needs to fix this problem. The Bo supporters will give you pure double talk why it's happening... every manner of excuse which changes with the players.

I ask a very simple question... Do we simply recruit players that are incapable of hanging onto the ball or is it something they ARE not being taught at UNL? Logic SCREAMS our players start off on average no better or no worse then most other programs. So what happens to them that they start becoming turnover machines? Should we simply blame the players for not taking care of the ball? We keep hearing how ball security is almost the holy grail at practice yet the trend continues to be terrible. Why is that............ Doesn't Bo know anyone that could help bring turnover under control? Is he to proud to ask someone else?

All I know is without reversing this huge problem we will NEVER get CLOSE to winning big games. It's understandable we had to many INT's with 2 inexperienced QB's this season. However the fumbles strike at something fundamentally wrong... something not right with how we are coaching these kids. You DO NOT have BAD LUCK for 6 years.... that's ridiculous.... To be honest I might fire him for our terrible turnover margin and laughable special team play. Those 2 disasters rest squarely on the HC!! Forget all the other stuff for the moment.... temper tantrums, bad pressers.. etc!! How about getting back to football.......

I'd really like to hear from the Bo supporters explain why this continues to happen with a supposedly good coach at the helm? How can he be a good coach with those dismal stats for those critical areas? He's had 12 games and yet we're as bad with turnovers and on ST's as when we started the season. How am I supposed to simply ignore those ugly realities then agree Bo really knows his stuff?

Those are areas that the average Husker fan has had a gut full. NO amount of defending Bo is going to convince any thinking fan Bo's a good coach when he FAILS over 6 years to fix turnovers! There is NO excuse for being one of the WORST in the nation in turnover year after year after year. We "ALL"watch the games WAITING for another ill timed fumble/turnover and guess what... Bo's teams do not disappoint do they? The only answer I honestly see after 6 years of this junk is to get rid of the HC...... it's totally on him and he doesn't seem to have a clue how to fix it.................

Do we really have to teach someone to hold onto the football? Really? Bob Stoops was asked about turnovers once at half and he said, "you're supposed to hold onto the football. it's not hard!".

Do we really have to teach someone to hold onto the football? Really? Bob Stoops was asked about turnovers once at half and he said, "you're supposed to hold onto the football. it's not hard!".
apparently we are doing something wrong and we continue doing it after SIX LONG years...........

We've all seen Bo get away with childish behavior and temper tantrums for years. The university is clearly sanctioning these antics with their recent vote of confidence following yet another terribly embarrassing set of incidents on Black Friday. Clearly it shows the NU administration and big time boosters have no manhood. And, since Bo grew up a Buckeye and idolized the coach of his youth, I'm wondering if he is not just building up his antics so that he can soon reach the zenith his hero did so long ago. This may be coming soon to a football field near you:

[video=youtube;wEVJyf0ft3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEVJyf0ft3I[/video]

After about a 2 year self imposed sabbatical I've decided to join HuskerMax again. By and large I've lurked only on game days to get a good look at the stats, and minimally to get a gauge on fan sentiment. I've enjoyed my time away but felt compelled to throw myself into the frey again and commend NU's administration for their sober foresight by publicly supporting our staff. Wise decision indeed.

Self-serving, know-it-all's will not prevail pressuring in subtle and some not to subtle tactics to drive away a coach that has done an admirable job. Especially when one considers the state of the wrecked but once proud program he inherited.

That is obvious but I don't understand why.
Me either and that's the really frustrating part! Not trying to be a WA here but damn... Bo's being paid 3 million a year to AT LEAST get a few things straightened out. This is exactly why I'm so frustrated with his coaching.... forget all the personality stuff.. blah blah blah...

I talking about STRAIGHT UP coaching stuff..... like turnovers and special teams!! What are they looking at? What have they really done to fix our special team play? You see anything different on our punt returns? How about dropping back 2 freaken receivers? They sure as heck aren't blocking anyone anyway?????????????? This is very basic stuff! I know folks love to make it all sound mysterious and like brain surgery... but we know different!!! It's not that complicated if you can block, tackle and hang onto the ball...........

But we weren't this bad when he started. I think our turnovers this year had a lot to do with youth. But it can't be the whole story. Kids in high school don't fumble as much as we do.

But we weren't this bad when he started. I think our turnovers this year had a lot to do with youth. But it can't be the whole story. Kids in high school don't fumble as much as we do.

One of the leading fumblers is AA... now we'd hardly call him youth anymore on this team? So why does he continue to fumble? RKG is a 5th year sr?? Hardly youth.. We haven't seen much at all of Newby anymore... Cross is a big huge RB that's not a kid really... and he fumbles........ Can you explain Q dropping THREE passes right in his hands Friday? Bell isn't Bell... dropping sure TD's this season. Our entire receiving core regressed. Perhaps because we had new QB's that didn't get it done.... We aren't a together balanced team offensive team! I know.. the line is all nicked up but they aren't the ones turning the ball over........

Obviously I do not have the answer but Bo and his brain trust should... Bo says they are one of the tightest staffs in college football? OK then solve some problems instead of creating them............

Last edited:
After about a 2 year self imposed sabbatical I've decided to join HuskerMax again. By and large I've lurked only on game days to get a good look at the stats, and minimally to get a gauge on fan sentiment. I've enjoyed my time away but felt compelled to throw myself into the frey again and commend NU's administration for their sober foresight by publicly supporting our staff. Wise decision indeed.

Self-serving, know-it-all's will not prevail pressuring in subtle and some not to subtle tactics to drive away a coach that has done an admirable job. Especially when one considers the state of the wrecked but once proud program he inherited.

Yeah must've been tough inheriting all of that talent on defense…….It's not like Bo inherited a program devoid of talent. There was plenty of talent already here, Bo coached it up better.

Yeah must've been tough inheriting all of that talent on defense…….It's not like Bo inherited a program devoid of talent. There was plenty of talent already here, Bo coached it up better.

It was the 2 of 4 sub .500 seasons that rankled me. That picture someone posted of USC running for a TD in Lincoln without a Husker in the picture hurt a bit too.

Last edited:

Absolutely.... Still amazes me how some still cling to the notion BC couldn't recruit... ridiculous and completely ignores the number of BC defensive players that were drafted. OK... he couldn't coach worth a darn but it so so rubs Bo supporters that his BEST DEFENSE by FAR was compose almost exclusively of Callahan recruited players. Yes he made them better but the basic talent was there... Each year as that talent left our D went down... NOT UP!! Perhaps he's stemmed the tide with the players on board right now. The jury is out on that until 2014......... Bottom line our BEST D was in FACT composed of BC recruits.. not Bo's!

My answer to the original question is 1) Stroke 2) Heart attack 3) Aneurysm in really no particular order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back