• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whatever

Six fukkin wins?

LOL

not good enough
lol, don't get me wrong. I personally agree. The problem is I have seen hundreds of people say Frost needs to go. I have seen dozens of head coaching dream sheets. Yet, I have seen or heard of ZERO people who would be generally interested in the HC position at Nebraska. The hiring of offensive assistants will tell us everything we need to know. I am going to be very surprised if the majority of Husker fans have every heard of more than one of the assistants that get hired. My guess is we are going to see a few coaches who are trying to retread their coaching tires or will be potential up and coming coaches from the DIII level.

The unfortunate reality is the future of Nebraska is probably an average of 5-7 wins a season with an occasional breakout season. I hope I am wrong but geography tells me everything I need to know. Name one top tier FBS football team located in the midwest (Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, the Dakotas, Missouri).

lol, don't get me wrong. I personally agree
ok
. The problem is I have seen hundreds of people say Frost needs to go. I have seen dozens of head coaching dream sheets. Yet, I have seen or heard of ZERO people who would be generally interested in the HC position at Nebraska.
Doesn't mean they aren't available, or we just settle with losing

The hiring of offensive assistants will tell us everything we need to know. I am going to be very surprised if the majority of Husker fans have every heard of more than one of the assistants that get hired. My guess is we are going to see a few coaches who are trying to retread their coaching tires or will be potential up and coming coaches from the DIII level.
He gets a chance to get this right
The unfortunate reality is the future of Nebraska is probably an average of 5-7 wins a season with an occasional breakout season.
that's a losers attitude
I hope I am wrong but geography tells me everything I need to know. Name one top tier FBS football team located in the midwest (Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, the Dakotas, Missouri).
Notre Dame

And Nebraska fans would be appeased with Wisconsin or Iowa standards, which are attainable

ok

Doesn't mean they aren't available, or we just settle with losing

He gets a chance to get this right

that's a losers attitude

Notre Dame

And Nebraska fans would be appeased with Wisconsin or Iowa standards, which are attainable
Living in Northeastern Indiana I really don't know how anyone considers this the Midwest. This is exactly why I left Indiana off my list. Even with Indiana on that list, congratulations, you can name one team. A team that picks and chooses their schedule because they do not belong to any conference. There are statistical outliers, then there are outliers. Notre Dame is definitely an outlier.

Wisconsin is definitely not in the Midwest but I will give it to you. How far has Nebraska's standards fallen when we would be happy with the standards of two teams who haven't won anything of relevance since World War II?

Sorry if you missed my point. Losers attitude or not, you don't create a head coaching vacancy without a replacement in mind. It sucks to know that next year might be more of the same. At least we won't be paying head coaches not to coach. To your point, I would be VERY surprised if a viable option was available and Trev Alberts decided against it unless it was to save a boatload of money. Again, the people hired as assistants will tell all of us a LOT.

Living in Northeastern Indiana I really don't know how anyone considers this the Midwest. This is exactly why I left Indiana off my list.

FAIL

1637989952851.png

1637990158498.png

Living in Northeastern Indiana I really don't know how anyone considers this the Midwest. This is exactly why I left Indiana off my list. Even with Indiana on that list, congratulations, you can name one team. A team that picks and chooses their schedule because they do not belong to any conference. There are statistical outliers, then there are outliers. Notre Dame is definitely an outlier.

Wisconsin is definitely not in the Midwest but I will give it to you. How far has Nebraska's standards fallen when we would be happy with the standards of two teams who haven't won anything of relevance since World War II?

Sorry if you missed my point. Losers attitude or not, you don't create a head coaching vacancy without a replacement in mind. It sucks to know that next year might be more of the same. At least we won't be paying head coaches not to coach. To your point, I would be VERY surprised if a viable option was available and Trev Alberts decided against it unless it was to save a boatload of money. Again, the people hired as assistants will tell all of us a LOT.
Wisconsin is most definitely in the Midwest. Lol

Nebraska isn't losing losing because of it's location.

Ever been to Alabama?

I don't think Smothers proved he was better or worse than Martinez. Only thing he proved, IMO, was that football is a team sport.
That’s funny because many of the AM haters keep referring to him as being 15-27. Now when their backup quarterback has the same coaches and supporting cast it now becomes a team loss.

main-qimg-9a0ef350730d62d9478f4f088b3c2f25-c.jpg

That’s funny because many of the AM haters keep referring to him as being 15-27. Now when their backup quarterback has the same coaches and supporting cast it now becomes a team loss.
Give it time, the AM critics will switch to Smothers critics after next year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back