• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whatever

Pretty much tells you how fortunate and spoiled we are as a fan base. We have experienced more success than most team will ever experience. Yes, losing sucks. I am most definitely not a moral victory kind of person but most people would say this team is far better than their record. The losses are absolutely perplexing and frustrating but if we are going to say that there was no improvement this year then it matters not what anyone says because it will fall on deaf ears. I do not believe some of the teams we played are worthy of their top 10 ranking but many of them were undefeated so it is hard to say anything. Each of our wins were a play or two from a different outcome. Again, Not a fan of moral victories but not all losing seasons are created equally. Case in point, if we don't improve and play next year just like we did this year I do not see how we don't have at least 6 wins. There is absolutely no comparison between this year's and next year's schedules.
What I'm reading is that you are ok with losing as long as it's to good teams and we keep it close. This is year 4 of Frost's tenure so when does it stop being ok to lose to good teams? Next year or year 6 or year 7? I could handle that argument if this was year one or two. Our record is worse in year 4 than it was in year one. Those close victories don't get us to a bowl game. They're obviously not helping us in recruiting. The recruits aren't buying "hope" anymore.

Smothers is better than AM.
I don't know if he is better but today's game showed me they can run the offense good enough. The constant in all this losing is Frost's play calling. Once the opposing coaches adjust he can't counter. We were moving the ball pretty well running the option and intermediate passes to the TE and receivers. Did Iowa take all of that away? I don't think so. Why the long developing pass plays when we were backed up close to our end zone? Smothers made mistakes but IMO there were a couple of series late in the game where Frost choked.

Frost is the coach next year. Yes, this year sucked balls, but with the right ST coach and OC, 99% of what has cost us 9 games this year could be fixed. Once again, bitch all you want but Frost is coachig NU next season.
Agreed. Some can't get past that though and move on to topics that are relevant.

Frost will be here as long as Frost wants to be here.

Last edited:

Smothers is better than AM.

Not sure we can really evaluate him after 1 game. Looked good in the first half and then had some errors in the 2nd half.

I for one was not that impressed with his overall speed and/or elusiveness. Based on everything we heard about how fast he is…I didn’t really see it translate that much other than a play or two.

Last edited:

Pretty much tells you how fortunate and spoiled we are as a fan base. We have experienced more success than most team will ever experience. Yes, losing sucks. I am most definitely not a moral victory kind of person but most people would say this team is far better than their record. The losses are absolutely perplexing and frustrating but if we are going to say that there was no improvement this year then it matters not what anyone says because it will fall on deaf ears. I do not believe some of the teams we played are worthy of their top 10 ranking but many of them were undefeated so it is hard to say anything. Each of our wins were a play or two from a different outcome. Again, Not a fan of moral victories but not all losing seasons are created equally. Case in point, if we don't improve and play next year just like we did this year I do not see how we don't have at least 6 wins. There is absolutely no comparison between this year's and next year's schedules.
By your logic when Nebraska goes 0-12 next year but all the losses are only by 3 points or less, it will be an improvement. Ok then…

By your logic when Nebraska goes 0-12 next year but all the losses are only by 3 points or less, it will be an improvement. Ok then…
I almost didn't even respond to your comment because it was just really not worth the effort but I figured it will help bring up my post count lol. Go ahead my friend, make any assumptions you desire. I specifically said that I am NOT a fan of moral victories. Furthermore, I will disagree with your statement and say no I should not call it an improvement. The schedule is VERY manageable next year. Actually, I would say anything less than 7 wins is probably not enough to keep his job. With that being said, feel free to take your anger out on here. It doesn't get to me and keeps others from it lol. Have a great day and GBR!!

Six fukkin wins?

LOL

not good enough

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back