• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What is your biggest fear for the upcoming year.

What are you most worried about.?

• QB play

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 3rd down D

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Kicking game

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters
HH is a winner. Score board says so. The last three games , two he didn't play in, third from last he barely played in.
I am not pumping him up to some great wunderkind, what I am saying is he took a early season, in season recreated offense that was thin at skill positions and won, first year with little practice in his past.
To me its a whats not to like as an alternative.
He played in 10 games last season and I'll allow you to throw out the Minnesota game (didn't play QB), Colorado (came in at the end), and Maryland (barely played). In his 7 games of significant play, he did go 5-2. In those 7 games, we averaged 22 points, which was better than we faired in the other games, but still isn't spectacular. That average drops down to 18 ppg when you remove the non-conference games and a 3-2 record.

He definitely wasn't set up to succeed last year. He needed a lot of work and help around him and maybe he has had that now. I just can't get excited about the prospect until I see it actually play out positively on the field.

He played in 10 games last season and I'll allow you to throw out the Minnesota game (didn't play QB), Colorado (came in at the end), and Maryland (barely played). In his 7 games of significant play, he did go 5-2. In those 7 games, we averaged 22 points, which was better than we faired in the other games, but still isn't spectacular. That average drops down to 18 ppg when you remove the non-conference games and a 3-2 record.

He definitely wasn't set up to succeed last year. He needed a lot of work and help around him and maybe he has had that now. I just can't get excited about the prospect until I see it actually play out positively on the field.
I can in the way way I'm comparing him. Name a back up thats been as good. Vedral?
So some form of confidence is there.

Why are you so worried about us validating your opinion?
Why are you so worried about us whining? My question to you is how does this affect you? Do you live here, do you come back for games? Is your business affected by the loss in revenue? The small communities that have the ability to support Nebraska AThletics but also there own teams and own small towns gets messed up with this switch. Maybe it does affect you I don't know, but it does me and it affects alot of people in and around here.

You may not think this is a big deal but it is.

I will also apologize for hijacking your thread, I will go away now and get back to what this was supposed to be. FYI my post here was partially meant as a joke (sort of)

Last edited:
HH is a winner. Score board says so. The last three games , two he didn't play in, third from last he barely played in.
I am not pumping him up to some great wunderkind, what I am saying is he took a early season, in season recreated offense that was thin at skill positions and won, first year with little practice in his past.
To me its a whats not to like as an alternative.

I think HH did a pretty good job at leading the offense with what he had around him. At one point I believe we started a RS freshman at RB, 2 true freshman WR and a walk on WR. The left side of the line was a OT coming off 2 straight season ending injuries and the Lt guard was a RS freshman.

It wasn't pretty it was gutty and straightforward.

I think HH did a pretty good job at leading the offense with what he had around him. At one point I believe we started a RS freshman at RB, 2 true freshman WR and a walk on WR. The left side of the line was a OT coming off 2 straight season ending injuries and the Lt guard was a RS freshman.

It wasn't pretty it was gutty and straightforward.
And Fidone FINALLY getting his legs under him again.
Its great comfort having HH

Yep, notable guys. So many that just didn't have "it". Now heres to HH and MR that this becomes the norm not the exception
I believe HH is a great person and a super athlete. He did not play well as a quarterback last year. I would very much like to see him play well this year and I think he can be a valuable asset to this team.

Why are you so worried about us whining? My question to you is how does this affect you? Do you live here, do you come back for games? Is your business affected by the loss in revenue? The small communities that have the ability to support Nebraska AThletics but also there own teams and own small towns gets messed up with this switch. Maybe it does affect you I don't know, but it does me and it affects alot of people in and around here.

You may not think this is a big deal but it is.

I will also apologize for hijacking your thread, I will go away now and get back to what this was supposed to be. FYI my post here was partially meant as a joke (sort of)
Very simple answer. I have always felt it is stupid to whine about things you can not control. Bringing up your disappointment t once. Fine. Continuing to whine for days on end just gives credence to all the people who say our fan base is a bunch of cry babies.

d77e414c89d2a74fc9f585b79cfb9eae.gif

Biggest fear?

Not finding reasonably priced tickets in the 600 section. Usually don't know until a day or two before the game if I'm going to be able to go.

Agree with the upside on HH, he will show nice improvements. If he can hang onto the ball, he will press Dylan, which is good.

GET TICKETS

Back