• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What is your biggest fear for the upcoming year.

What are you most worried about.?

• QB play

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 3rd down D

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Kicking game

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters
I think teams figured Haarberg out as the season went along. We aren't going to win games with his legs alone. His passing will have had to improved for him to step in and be an asset for us. He had fundamental issues in his passing game which made it tough for us to throw the ball consistently.

He didn't do a good job anticipating open receivers, had accuracy issues, didn't work the field with his eyes, etc. He was an very good running quarterback, but we aren't good enough in the trenches and at RB for that to be our identity. We have to be at least balanced. One could make a compelling case Purdy was the best performing QB last season. Haarberg was one of our best runners. He helped win us games, but we had to lean heavily on our defense because our offense wasn't going to go win us any games.

The hope is over this offseason and into next that he has grown, improved, and developed. He could still be a positive, but he will have to make a significant jump.
From what I saw with HH in the spring game was tremendous improvement. With a QB coach that has helped HH develop to his potential. Is he going to be the starter, probably not, but with him as a backup I feel more comfortable this year! Kaelin may or may not redshirt? Overall this team appears ready to have a breakout season. The schedule is tougher so I temper my optimism for the season!! GBR

From what I saw with HH in the spring game was tremendous improvement. With a QB coach that has helped HH develop to his potential. Is he going to be the starter, probably not, but with him as a backup I feel more comfortable this year! Kaelin may or may not redshirt? Overall this team appears ready to have a breakout season. The schedule is tougher so I temper my optimism for the season!! GBR
One thing to consider, with all the injuries, he went 5-3 with two of his losses to Michigan and MSU. The third against Maryland, he started but didn't finish.
Now you could argue is he'd started ten games we'd have gone bowling, or even stayed healthy against Maryland.
Add what we have this year to what we didn't last year, we are better. With him being better it adds up.
He has proven to be a winner, even for the scoreboard only fans.

Good lord.

Maybe we should leave the conference and go back to the big 12
Who said anything about the Big 12? So I get you don't think this is a big deal and that is perfectly fine. I don't have a lot of free time, the time I do have is usually only on Saturday afternoons and Sunday (maybe). I don't have the ability to move my schedule around. Nebraska is trying to make the stadium 'fan friendly' and all that stuff but yet they don't seem to care about how moving the game to a Friday night will impact the 'fans'.

This is a message board where we come to vent, and having you tell us fans, some for a really really long time, that our opinion doesn't matter makes you sound just as bad us those of us complaining. College football is changing and up to this point, at least for me, none of the changes are good. I do have a choice what to do with my time and money and the NCAA and Nebraska are making it hard for me to want to support either of them.

It is just my opinion you don't have to listen to it or care for it if you don't want, but it's valid and apparently others feel the same way.

Who said anything about the Big 12? So I get you don't think this is a big deal and that is perfectly fine. I don't have a lot of free time, the time I do have is usually only on Saturday afternoons and Sunday (maybe). I don't have the ability to move my schedule around. Nebraska is trying to make the stadium 'fan friendly' and all that stuff but yet they don't seem to care about how moving the game to a Friday night will impact the 'fans'.

This is a message board where we come to vent, and having you tell us fans, some for a really really long time, that our opinion doesn't matter makes you sound just as bad us those of us complaining. College football is changing and up to this point, at least for me, none of the changes are good. I do have a choice what to do with my time and money and the NCAA and Nebraska are making it hard for me to want to support either of them.

It is just my opinion you don't have to listen to it or care for it if you don't want, but it's valid and apparently others feel the same way.
It is what it is. Obligations are obligations, schedules and rules are set forming those obligations. This is likely a one off. Most other Big teams welcome all the traveling Husker fans that come to their stadiums.
We don't have the problem other teams have, and because of that our Friday night games at home will be limited, and for that we should be grateful that the fans at least created this much buffer against the powers that be and all that money.

For the 50 bazillionth time. UNL did not make this decision. It came down from the networks and the B1G. This is not rocket science folks. This is why we get the north side of 50 Mil dollars a year from the TV contracts. Unless your wealth is such that you can personally make up that amount in donations. stop whining.

I went with QB play. I think we should be better, but there is too much to improve.

My thoughts were that our kicking game is still very, very poor. But, this along, with our defensive issues, can all be overcome by better QB play. Our QB play for a great many years hasn’t been good enough to win games.

For the 50 bazillionth time. UNL did not make this decision. It came down from the networks and the B1G. This is not rocket science folks. This is why we get the north side of 50 Mil dollars a year from the TV contracts. Unless your wealth is such that you can personally make up that amount in donations. stop whining.
for the 50 bazillionth time, I think we all know that UNL didn't make this decision. We still don't have to like it. The article from the front page makes it sound like the high school coaches in Nebraska don't like it either but like them we all understand it wasn't UNL's decision. My suggestion for everyone that doesn't live around here and doesn't care about this decision go ahead and email those high school coaches and tell them to stop complaining.

I'm still trying to figure out who really likes this idea? Lincoln Chamber of Commerce? Fans, Coaches, downtown businesses? Parents? Can't bring in recruits to see the atmosphere, parking nightmare.

It's all about the dollars and WE ALL get it but God Bless America, if I see something stupid I will call it out, and my opinion is just as valid as anyone else, so if you want me to stop whinning then I suggest the ignore button because I have not yet begun to whine.

for the 50 bazillionth time, I think we all know that UNL didn't make this decision. We still don't have to like it. The article from the front page makes it sound like the high school coaches in Nebraska don't like it either but like them we all understand it wasn't UNL's decision. My suggestion for everyone that doesn't live around here and doesn't care about this decision go ahead and email those high school coaches and tell them to stop complaining.

I'm still trying to figure out who really likes this idea? Lincoln Chamber of Commerce? Fans, Coaches, downtown businesses? Parents? Can't bring in recruits to see the atmosphere, parking nightmare.

It's all about the dollars and WE ALL get it but God Bless America, if I see something stupid I will call it out, and my opinion is just as valid as anyone else, so if you want me to stop whinning then I suggest the ignore button because I have not yet begun to whine.
Agree. Living where I live all this reminds me of mosquitos.
Why mosquitos ?

Why are you so worried about us validating your opinion?

No, we had the 39th best rushing attack after losing two of our three starting rbs.
Again, you can't compare last years wr room to this years, or the rb room. Not even close.
Now add HH's improvements. Yes, HH was a problem last year, but so were our other two qbs. For a running qb how those other two didn't separate much throwing the ball tells me there wasn't much to throw to.
The dismal outlook if DR has to sit just isn't there for me. Were we winning and close with what was dismal for playmakers last year, not this year.
We won't be dynamic in such a scenario, but we will win. Fresh legs, massive improvements at wr, huge improvements at wr, depth and better at TE.
And last but not least is this. HH threw 60% of the passes last year yet only threw 43% of the interceptions and it was those turnovers that cost us most.
MR wants three guys to be able to win with, we have two.
Again, I think we will have to just agree to disagree on this one. I agree with some of your points, but I think our evaluations of HH are just in different places. I hope I am wrong. I was wrong about Purdy last year.

Again, I think we will have to just agree to disagree on this one. I agree with some of your points, but I think our evaluations of HH are just in different places. I hope I am wrong. I was wrong about Purdy last year.
HH is a winner. Score board says so. The last three games , two he didn't play in, third from last he barely played in.
I am not pumping him up to some great wunderkind, what I am saying is he took a early season, in season recreated offense that was thin at skill positions and won, first year with little practice in his past.
To me its a whats not to like as an alternative.

GET TICKETS

Back