• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What is your biggest fear for the upcoming year.

What are you most worried about.?

• QB play

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 3rd down D

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Kicking game

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters

Hey, I am ok with disagreeing. I can understand your view. I hope we are excellent this year...would settle for great.

I’d love to see the unit as a whole be top 4 or 5 in the conference.

I still thing that’s a few recruiting/development cycles away, but I don’t see it as the impossible mountain to going I felt like it was four or five years ago.

I’d love to see the unit as a whole be top 4 or 5 in the conference.

I still thing that’s a few recruiting/development cycles away, but I don’t see it as the impossible mountain to going I felt like it was four or five years ago.
I think we are close, but it will take a few more years to become what we should be.

Offense starts in the trenches and Nebraska seems to have forgotten that over the past decade. Luckily, I think we have coaches now who understand that and are working hard to get us back there...It is a mountain to climb.

Injuries. NU has really good frontline players. Stay upright, and cease the turnovers, this team will win 10+. In other words, need some good fortune, and some luck with injuries.

The OL was good last year
It was better, but I wouldn't say it was "good." Interestingly, in the Oregon writer's Husker preview posted on the main page, he wrote, "Astonishingly, Corcoran and Benhart, both former mid 4-stars, have gotten worse each year on my tally sheet in pass protection, with significant footwork and assignment discipline problems on blitzes. Scott graded out the best, particularly in run blocking..."

Last edited:

It was better, but I wouldn't say it was "good." Interestingly, in the Oregon writer's Husker preview posted on the main page, he wrote, "Astonishingly, Corcoran and Benhart, both former mid 4-stars, have gotten worse each year on my tally sheet in pass protection, with significant footwork and assignment discipline problems on blitzes. Scott graded out the best, particularly in run blocking..."
The guy must be an idiot. PFF has graded Benhart much higher last year.
So he's a scratch on my credibility list.
There was a lot of talk in the second half of the season about how much Bryce Benhart had improved from 2022. That showed up the most in his final PFF grade which saw him with the highest qualifying rating of any Husker with a 70.3 score.

I's clear that Benhart's improvement wasn't jut about passing the eye test. That 70.3 was a career best by a wide margin. The second highest was his 2022 rating of 60.6 overall.

Last edited:

Good is probably not the right word to use. They were better than in the past and considering all the injuries they had played OK. The O-line was not the liability it has been in the past.
I would say they were good. Looking here
Notice all but the Iowa game, with our best output against wiscy, where there was no falloff, yet and injured HH.
Our passing game we unfortunately can't get a real call there. But it sure reflects on our expected run game, yet we still did well.
This year our pass pro shines, and as to our run game, if we match last years ability, good indeed there. If our pass pro is bad it will show up, but I have this sneaking suspicion our timing and pocket presence makes it too look good.

GET TICKETS

Back