• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What did AM do to lose the team?

I disagree. This team more than others feeds off the QB. When AM fails them, they act in response. He missed so many easy throws that would have made this game so different. And then me walks off the field like nothing matters. This crap show is on his shoulders.

He missed throws. He missed running lanes. He did not play well by any measure. But you don't lose to 2-6 teams on the shoulders of one guy. AM wasn't on the field when Purdue marched 80 yards to score the game winning TD.....with a 3rd string QB no less.

This was a team loss and the "crap show" is a team-wide production. Week after week, we are out-hustled, out-schemed, and out-coached from Monday to double-zeros on Saturday.

I think it's actually $1,250,000.00 per win with is slightly better than Willie Taggart's $1,111,111.11 per win and way better than the $800,000 Mel Tucker got for beating NU this year.

He missed throws. He missed running lanes. He did not play well by any measure. But you don't lose to 2-6 teams on the shoulders of one guy. AM wasn't on the field when Purdue marched 80 yards to score the game winning TD.....with a 3rd string QB no less.

This was a team loss and the "crap show" is a team-wide production. Week after week, we are out-hustled, out-schemed, and out-coached from Monday to double-zeros on Saturday.
You mean it's not AM's fault the defense missed all those tackles? :eek:

Frost will learn a ton from this season.

I would’ve thought he would’ve learned some things during the season, but it sure doesn’t seem like it. 3 (4-8) seasons in a row is crap I used to look up when reflecting on how bad our history was before Devaney got here...
Now we’re living it.....

Last edited:
So true that AM didn't miss the tackles and give up ALL of Purdues 3rd down conversions....but I do believe it to be true that what happens on one side of the ball directly influences the other side of the ball.
Seeing the incompetence of AM today had to affect the intensity and enthusiasm on the defensive side. And Vice Versa.

ABF9C0F5-84E2-48DA-9624-F0E6AF5A94B8.jpeg

Sad, this display at Scheels had no takers for 30 minutes. Watched dozens of kids walk by and not one wanted to put the helmet on and get their pic taken

Absolutely not the QB he was last season and his confidence just isn’t there. I am sure he’ll be his worst critic at the press conference. Play calling STRANGE but agin Martinez has proven ( last season) that he can play. Robinson is going to get killed running the middle. I didn’t think this offense would miss Ozigbo as much as they do as there’s no running game.
Frost will learn a ton from this season. I expect some changes next season. An upset win against Iowa will be needed to get to a bowl game.
The only word to describe AM this year is “wild”
It's Martinez's PLAY that is wrong. He's not making plays and making terrible decisions.
agree but Chinanders obsession with leaving LB’s on the field in obvious passing downs is the biggest problem of all.

Maybe the most perplexing part of all of this is that Frost hasn’t (won’t?) learned anything about coaching a team that doesn’t have all the pieces he wants—and he will never get those pieces until he shows he can win with what he has.

The offense was HUMMING while AM was out those two (three) weeks. Vedral ran a far quicker (scaled back) scheme, which disguised the weaknesses of the offense. He threw to more than two guys and utilized several more throws than we’ve seen AM complete, this season. Even when Vedral went out, he and McCaffrey (who was essentially another Robinson, out there) combined to go 22/23 in the passing department.

Fast forward a week and Frost reverted to the same overly-complicated and timing-sensitive hybrid drop back scheme with AM again. Even if Vedral wasn’t able to go, how can he possibly have not retained the same simplistic and aggressive offensive approach that worked for two weeks?

This AAU staff can’t even stick with the concepts that are working against B1G foes.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back