• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What could a win do for Nebraska?

If, big if, we happen to pull off an upset this weekend I hope that sitting at 3-1 and beating #3 we stay unranked around #35-30. Keep'em hungry.

If, big if, we happen to pull off an upset this weekend I hope that sitting at 3-1 and beating #3 we stay unranked around #35-30. Keep'em hungry.
I’d be fine with that, but I suspect at 3-1, and should it beat #3 on the road, somewhere between 18-22. At that point, everything is still on the table.

A win would be huge. Would be Frost's 1st marquee win at NU as a coach. It would erase the stench of the IL loss. It would also put the Huskers in a far better position to get the 6 wins and a bowl--assuming they would then go on to build from the win. Their path got so much harder with that opening loss that looks even worse with every week.

Beat OU and get a bowl game . . . and Frost buys a lot more good will and probably time.

I don't care if they're ranked until the season is over. Too many times we've dropped out of the top 25 by the years end in the last 20 years.

Many of Buffalo's finest left the herd and headed for Kansas. The team Nebraska beat on Saturday was in no way shape or form the one originally ranked 25th.

ne.jpeg

Man, I think a win could and would do wonders. I just think back to when OU beat Nebraska in 2000. It was program changing for them. Maybe,NU makes it happen Saturday? A win like this would be huge for everyone, and eye opening everywhere. This is just a huge game for the Huskers. Like when Rocky was being pummeled by the Russian, and he finally tagged him back and cut him, he’s cut, he’s cut, you could see the confidence increase by the punch. Same with anything else. This is the type of win Nebraska needs desperately.
I like the thought, but this is a VERY different situation. OU was already ranked #3 in the nation (NU was #1 I believe) so it wasn't a huge upset of a far superior team. The win was big for them, but the true program changer for them was that they went on to win the NC.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back