• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What could a win do for Nebraska?

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
Man, I think a win could and would do wonders. I just think back to when OU beat Nebraska in 2000. It was program changing for them. Maybe,NU makes it happen Saturday? A win like this would be huge for everyone, and eye opening everywhere. This is just a huge game for the Huskers. Like when Rocky was being pummeled by the Russian, and he finally tagged him back and cut him, he’s cut, he’s cut, you could see the confidence increase by the punch. Same with anything else. This is the type of win Nebraska needs desperately.

Last edited:

it all depends.. you are only as good as the last game played.. If they then went on a losing streak, the OU win wouldn't matter much at all.

To make it matter, they have to continue to win and not fall flat.

Our progression to success should look like this:

1. Beat the teams you are supposed to beat
2. Be competitive against better teams
3. Upset the better teams
4. Be the team to beat

I am not sure we have even mastered step one, so it’s hard to say how we will play Sat. I am hoping they can jump to #2 without a lot of consistency with step one. We will see. I am looking forward to it. If for nothing else, but the old school rivalry. The good ol days…

Man, I think a win could and would do wonders. I just think back to when OU beat Nebraska in 2000. It was program changing for them. Maybe,NU makes it happen Saturday? A win like this would be huge for everyone, and eye opening everywhere. This is just a huge game for the Huskers. Like when Rocky was being pummeled by the Russian, and he finally tagged him back and cut him, he’s cut, he’s cut, you could see the confidence increase by the punch. Same with anything else. This is the type of win Nebraska needs desperately.
You had me at the Rocky reference. Still the greatest ever. Morale-wise, it would be huge. Nationally, it would put us on a positive spin in the eyes of pundits, which I know does not really matter but it would take the "dark cloud" off Nebraska and honestly put in right on Oklahoma. We are going to need as much momentum as possible going into this gauntlet of a Big ten schedule. The west is going to be a grind because anyone can win it. I am not sold on Iowa because their offense is horrendous. So, I think a win would be amazing. Do I think we can do it? Absolutely. Do I think it will happen? My prediction was 35-31 in favor of NU. It will all depend on how we rattle Rattler. If we can get him outside his comfort zone and force him to throw the ball on the run, I like our chances. I have much more faith in our defense to get it done on their side of the ball.

Offensively I am skeptical because their D-ends are studs. It is concerning. Adrian is going to have to make something happen between the tackles. WE HAVE TO DEVELOP AN ACTUAL RUNNING GAME OUTSIDE OF OUR QB. We may need to go under center alot more and ram the ball down their throat. It may be a very ugly 3.5 YPC but we have to do something that will wear this D down. I do like our big play ability, but Adrian has to have time to throw the ball in order for that to happen. Their D ends remind me of that kid from Tennessee that just annihilated our O Line in the bowl game. We need a spark on that O-Line. We have to get some traction going there. They will load the box and use their D ends on the outside to try and contain. It is worrisome.

it all depends.. you are only as good as the last game played.. If they then went on a losing streak, the OU win wouldn't matter much at all.

To make it matter, they have to continue to win and not fall flat.
All true, but more often, it springboards better play. I remember my baseball playing days, finally making contact with the ball in peewee, then it looks bigger than ever coming at you, easier. I’d expect a win would help propel NU, should it happen. It’s a legit foe. You don’t gain much beating Fordham or Buffalo.

All true, but more often, it springboards better play. I remember my baseball playing days, finally making contact with the ball in peewee, then it looks bigger than ever coming at you, easier. I’d expect a win would help propel NU, should it happen. It’s a legit foe. You don’t gain much beating Fordham or Buffalo.

It CAN springboard a team, it isn't a foregone conclusion, which is why I worded my post they way I did.

Frost's teams seem to be controlled by emotion/self-confidence. When they get down, they can't get out of the hole. We haven't seen yet the opposite - when their confidence soars. Winning at OU would let us see what they can do with that kind of self-confidence.

A win against OU in Norman would be massive. The Illinois game would be seen as a fluke rather than a sign of decline.

Heck, an exciting closely fought loss would do the same thing.
I agree. Push the hillbillies to the end and come up short would be huge. No question.

Disagree on Buffalo. Before their coach left they were a top 25 team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back