• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What could a win do for Nebraska?

Even if we ever got ahead, and were ahead at one of the break points after each quarter, that would be significant. Unless of course it realy went south thereafter.

Man, I think a win could and would do wonders. I just think back to when OU beat Nebraska in 2000. It was program changing for them. Maybe,NU makes it happen Saturday? A win like this would be huge for everyone, and eye opening everywhere. This is just a huge game for the Huskers. Like when Rocky was being pummeled by the Russian, and he finally tagged him back and cut him, he’s cut, he’s cut, you could see the confidence increase by the punch. Same with anything else. This is the type of win Nebraska needs desperately.

I would say it could help kick start recruiting since it has basically dried up since the Illinois loss.

The win would cause the fanbase to stop complaining and expressing frustrations for one week…me included. However, all bets are off if Nebraska turns around and gets beat by Michigan State after beating OU in Norman. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Man, I think a win could and would do wonders. I just think back to when OU beat Nebraska in 2000. It was program changing for them. Maybe,NU makes it happen Saturday? A win like this would be huge for everyone, and eye opening everywhere. This is just a huge game for the Huskers. Like when Rocky was being pummeled by the Russian, and he finally tagged him back and cut him, he’s cut, he’s cut, you could see the confidence increase by the punch. Same with anything else. This is the type of win Nebraska needs desperately.
That was a crazy game. We ripped off two long TDs to start the game and it was clear that OU was over amped for the start of the game. If I remember right we didn’t score again and lost big.

I agree this group needs something good to happen to get some confidence. Frost had been saying that for three years.

Only hope, COVID protocol. Forfeit, 1 to 0 score.

Standings as of Sep. 19th: NU 3W-1L. OU, 2W-1L.

Or else kidnap all 1st and 2nd OU stringers. Probably losing anyway :(

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back