• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Watson in the News (Texas Style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2009 was Watson's folly on full display. He couldn't do anything against a defense with a pulse.

LOL. You can't blame Watson for Bo's pathetic panicking after the ISU game. It was Bo that handcuffed the offense for the remainder of the year and ultimately cost us the Big 12 championship because of his stubbornness.

Last edited:
Please cite any press other than the Texas-affiliated story referring to Watson's alleged NFL inquiries. That was one source, possibly Watson himself, and/or positioning if Strong strikes out on all of his OC choices. I'm not sure there's any actual truth to the "4 teams", if any of those are actual interviews or anything of substance. I haven't seen anything else published.

I couldn't remember when Lee was injured, which is why I was asking. (That was 5 years ago.) Who were all the other key injuries that season? You made it sound like we lost half the team, and i didn't see it that way. I did remember that Green started a couple of games and Lee generally played like crap at the end.
Here ya go spud……. there are more if you just look!! Perhaps CBS is also with those Texans….

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ichrod-in-louisville-mix-james-franklin-watch

That one seems to predate the Texas story, similar vague wording. Nothing on footballscoop related to watson and nfl. My internet is being slow, so google not working well at the moment.

After 2 very good seasons Wats has had I have no reason to doubt he's being looked at by a lot of programs and probably the NFL! I think when the smokes clears he'll have himself a very good position. I'm not sure he really wants to be a HC anymore…….

Last edited:
After 2 very good seasons Wats has had I have no reason to doubt he's being looked at by a lot of programs and probably the NFL! I think when the smokes clears he'll have himself a very good position. I'm not sure he really wants to be a HC anymore…….
When the smoke clears, Wats will be ok. He is afterall a WCO OC. Plenty of opportunities if not at Texas. Why wouldn't Strong run WCO at TU?

Neither do I, just that there have been no substantiated stories re: interviews. Certain NFL teams may be contacting him to discuss Bridgewater also, doesn't mean he's had any serious offers or interviews. he supposedly was interviewed for the L'ville HC job.

edit: reread this and it reads like I was agreeing that he didnt want a HC job, although that may be the case. Speculation is he just wants to coach football, and not deal with a lot other than that, so partially agree there.

I meant that I agreed that I have no reason to doubt he'd get looks after coaching TB. He deserves them. He should get good QB's to work with at UT. His system requires an elite arm.

Last edited:
When the smoke clears, Wats will be ok. He is afterall a WCO OC. Plenty of opportunities if not at Texas. Why wouldn't Strong run WCO at TU?

Why would he? They want a spread offense that can run the ball, from what I've read. Chad Morris seems to be the popular choice.

I was mad when Bo kicked the ball out of bounds. And I was FURIOUS when he ran out on the field and did that horse collar thing. :mad:

You guys are becoming a parody of yourselves.

:sarcasm:

True point, but it's not like he is going to make every mistake of the football team. That type of sarcasm is just ignorant. One mistake he did make regarding special teams (I guess you could say his mistake on special teams is the entire 2013 season in general, but that's too obvious) that's unforgivable is the ridiculous fake punt on 4th down in the Iowa game. What was he thinking?

Why do those who don't personally support Bo constantly get called ignorant after seeing so many ridiculous two-liners like these?

hate to bring up another TO comparison... but the 1993 Orange Bowl finish... take the lead, promptly KO out of bounds, then personal foul on Barron Miles for hit out of bounds (+15 yards), FSU FG :mad:

$#!@ happens.

Last edited:

:sarcasm:

True point, but it's not like he is going to make every mistake of the football team. That type of sarcasm is just ignorant. One mistake he did make regarding special teams (I guess you could say his mistake on special teams is the entire 2013 season in general, but that's too obvious) that's unforgivable is the ridiculous fake punt on 4th down in the Iowa game. What was he thinking?

Why do those who don't personally support Bo constantly get called ignorant after seeing so many ridiculous two-liners like these?
Because their ignorance has the Osborne seal of approval

Watson is a decent OC and a much better person.

His style/approach to offensive football is not the best, in my opinion, as it may have more upside when all the pieces in place, but it definitely has far more downside in general.

I think TO saw the value in a "smoother" transition where some of the staff was retained, and this approach facilitated the quick turnaround. Whether it ultimately held NU back in '09/'10 is highly debatable.

after the Holiday Bowl win Bo said something to the affect of....I held back the offense during the season and maybe I shouldn't have.

It's obvious really if you look at the play calling in the VT game that yr VS texas and the later games. It went to VERY low risk play calling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back