• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Watson in the News (Texas Style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the minority, but I didn't mind Watson too much and his offense. When he got a QB that could run the offense, Ganz, they put up some decent numbers. Just by that time it was too late, and the D sucked. His biggest problem was just being associated with Callahan.

Yep, I think that's the truth. It's also possible that there wasn't much loyalty between Bo and Watson since Watson came from the Callahan era. In retrospect, I think we ran off a pretty decent OC, though I don't consider Beck to be noticeably different, so I guess no harm, no foul.
Would you say that if it was your job? Importantly, you need to remember he STAYED in Lincoln after being offered the OC job at Bama. He was also a genius before T mart got hurt. Seems he has more respect everywhere but Lincoln. I also suspect its the fact he worked at CU more than for Callahan.

I also suspect its the fact he worked at CU more than for Callahan.
Bingo. He was the architect of 62-36.

It's hard to get past that. (At least for me...)

I think Watson did a solid job here, especially with the circumstances he was given.

Texas will be interesting to watch in the coming years.

Bingo. He was the architect of 62-36.

It's hard to get past that. (At least for me...)

I think Watson did a solid job here, especially with the circumstances he was given.

Texas will be interesting to watch in the coming years.

and beat Texas in the championship game

Exactly! Bo never wanted to run the WCO. The Offensive staff was retained so Pelini could concentrate on rebuilding the defense. Once they had their system fully in place, only then did Bo decide to change to the current offense. That's why TM was chosen to operate it. They wanted that running threat at QB, and neither Green nor Lee provided that.

The transition from BC to BP actually took four seasons to implement.

Exactly! Bo never wanted to run the WCO. The Offensive staff was retained so Pelini could concentrate on rebuilding the defense. Once they had their system fully in place, only then did Bo decide to change to the current offense. That's why TM was chosen to operate it. They wanted that running threat at QB, and neither Green nor Lee provided that.

The transition from BC to BP actually took four seasons to implement.

:rolfl:

Bingo. He was the architect of 62-36...

nope, collaboration with Gary Barnett - who obsessed & studied nuances of NU's defense for several seasons prior (common knowledge out here behind enemy lines)

wish SW all the best.

Link? I certainly don't recall a slate of injuries to key players. Helu was our back all season. 2010 we had helu and taylor injured, as well as Crick, but 2009?

Then there was this gem:

http://www.huskermax.com/games/2009/texas09.html

and this one

http://www.huskermax.com/games/2009/vatech09.html

2009 was Watson's folly on full display. He couldn't do anything against a defense with a pulse.

OMG, the '09 CCG, 5 first downs...:banghead:

for crying out loud, NU sacked McCoy nearly twice as often as they obtained first downs (finished with 9 sacks)

Would you say that if it was your job? Importantly, you need to remember he STAYED in Lincoln after being offered the OC job at Bama. He was also a genius before T mart got hurt. Seems he has more respect everywhere but Lincoln. I also suspect its the fact he worked at CU more than for Callahan.

My guess is he probably wanted a new oline coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back