• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Watson in the News (Texas Style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
after the Holiday Bowl win Bo said something to the affect of....I held back the offense during the season and maybe I shouldn't have.

It's obvious really if you look at the play calling in the VT game that yr VS texas and the later games. It went to VERY low risk play calling.

I just read through some articles from then and didn't see mention of that.

I do think that Martinez being hurt in the second half of that season (and leaving the second Washington game) impacted the offense.

As I just heard on Austin sports radio:

Watson officially receives "demotion." He is UT's quarterbacks coach. The offensive coordinator duties go to former Oklahoma State offensive line coach (one of the best in the business), Joe Wickline (who will also retain duties as the OL coach).

Charlie Strong is currently holding a press conference making all of the coaching announcements official.

Last edited:

Watson officially receives "demotion." He is UT's quarterbacks coach. The offensive coordinator duties go to former Oklahoma State offensive line coach (one of the best in the business), Joe Wickline (who will also retain duties as the OL coach).

Charlie Strong is currently holding a press conference making all of the coaching announcements official.

That's a slight demotion considering the caliber of program he's moving to.

I just read through some articles from then and didn't see mention of that.

I do think that Martinez being hurt in the second half of that season (and leaving the second Washington game) impacted the offense.

He said it. I promise.

Haters!

2009 and 2010 were the epitome of ineptitude as an OC, IMO.

Each one of those seasons, as I recall, SW had to retool midyear. It took him midyear to figure out what the strengths of his offenses were! :mad:

after the Holiday Bowl win Bo said something to the affect of....I held back the offense during the season and maybe I shouldn't have.

It's obvious really if you look at the play calling in the VT game that yr VS texas and the later games. It went to VERY low risk play calling.

I don't know whether Bo accepted responsibility like a HC should, but he clearly handcuffed the offense in 2009 costing our team the Big12 championship. He then forced TM onto SW in 2009...who knows what THAT did to the season, or the next 4 seasons. Bo might know defense, but when it comes to offense...well, he's his own worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back