• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Washington AD Troy Dannen new Huskers AD

Hes gonna make 50% more living in Lincoln, which is a town that costs 50% less to live. Im in seattle every month, and it costs as much to live there as in LA. Meaning a modest 1700 sq foot house in a modest suburb starts at a million and goes up from there.

Agreed. I think it is about time we move on from the requirement of needing to be a Husker. Understanding Nebraska and being a former Husker aren't mutually exclusive. We need someone who can understand the culture at Nebraska, appreciate it, and utilize it.
Well, the de facto truth is that Rhule represents culture at Nebraska as it sits. I feel fairly certain that Rhule understands well the needs of the AD position and was sought out for an opinion on this hire.
Oars and tiller have been staffed by a smarter man than I, I'm just thankful for a window seat.

It is really flakey to leave a job after less than six months - undeniable red flag. That’s just one indicator and doesn’t necessarily mean he isn’t a good hire. But if he’d do it to Washington he’d do it to Nebraska too if he thinks it’s in his best interest.
Ah, so you're the guy handing out speeding tickets at Indy? Pretty sure a pattern of going where the going's good is firmly in place.
On the other hand, that he'd leave that quickly from arguably a good gig says something about our status. You know who gets to move about like this? Talent.

Agreed. I think it is about time we move on from the requirement of needing to be a Husker. Understanding Nebraska and being a former Husker aren't mutually exclusive. We need someone who can understand the culture at Nebraska, appreciate it, and utilize it.
Agreed he grew up in Iowa AD at UNI. SO MID WEST guy. Likes the midwest. Probably no more than that.

Seattle is the headquarters for Amazon and has become a very expensive place to live. The city has a crime problem,a homeless problem and over the past ten years has changed dramatically. He may just want to return to the Midwest and let’s face it…There’s No Place Like Nebraska.
In the summer.

I would have swore that Dannen was brought up by N2FL or *** as a replacement for Eichorst/Moos several years back.

Or maybe I'm smokin' something.

The point is that a lot of fans are all over Trev for making a chance and not sticking to a commitment. The new hire has the same path.

To be clear, I'm not indicating any one person. Just a general observation that the shoe fits both situations.
Huh was not aware he played football for UW during their glory days. Then came back as the AD preaching loyalty to the brand. See the difference now?

We now have a new AD, with some good skills and possibly some ties and similar background to Matt Rhule. Possibly a new President Dr. Gold at UNL. A proven commodity academically and fund raiser at UNMC. Good day for Nebraska. The speed at Dannen's hire and Gold being named President right after Albert's leaving makes you wonder what was going on in the background these last few months in Lincoln???? Getting UNMC back under the umbrella with UNL and back into the AAU would bring this all together?? GBR

Huh was not aware he played football for UW during their glory days. Then came back as the AD preaching loyalty to the brand. See the difference now?
Sure, there are differences, but there are also a lot of parallel similarities. If you don't get that, then I don't know what to say.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back