• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Washington AD Troy Dannen new Huskers AD

don't think it is a red flag at all. He spent multiple years at UNI Omaha and at Tulane Nebraska. Texas A&M Washington is a way better job than Nebraska Tulane. Nebraska is a better job than Washington. At least it is to this guy. It looks to me he is looking for a place to finish his career.

See how that works

What's your point? That this fellow is exactly like Trev Alberts?

The point is that a lot of fans are all over Trev for making a chance and not sticking to a commitment. The new hire has the same path.

To be clear, I'm not indicating any one person. Just a general observation that the shoe fits both situations.

I would say both situations are similar. People are pissed at TA because of what he said not just a few months ago. I have no idea if this guy said anything like that about the job at Washington.

I’m only a few miles from UW, so have a good read on Dannen’s hire and short stay. They liked him. Considered him to have the weight to make the transition to the new conference. And UW is no picnic — complicated fan base, donors, and community in a major city. Big budget. Successful teams with a lot of expectations. Anyway, he made some good hiring/firing decisions, especially with the DeBoer surprise. It’s a ridiculously short tenure here to evaluate but I think he did a really good job in difficult circumstances. A live-fire guy, if that makes sense. I can’t speak to his UNI or Tulane years. Or why he left UW… other than like I said, UW is a complicated place.

Lookee how fast Nebraska big wigs can make decisions! Now that the politicians have realized how exposed their fancy little careers are to looking like they are hurting Husker football and athletics.

And yes, this decision in some way had to be signed off by the Board of Regents and the governor, at least informally. The interim President would either ask or conclude it was apparent to him that he would not be criticized or removed for making this move. Most likely he was told or understood that, YES!, the politicians would VERY MUCH like him to hire someone Matt Rhule likes, AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE, to get the spotlight off them.

Last edited:

Where did that name come from? And, that was fast! He spent, what, a whole half year at Washington? According to the seattlesports.com website: "For the second time in less than a year, the UW Huskies will be searching for a new athletic director."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back