• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Washington AD Troy Dannen new Huskers AD

468ff4af-8be7-4ca2-b077-a5858a03352a_text.gif

Hired by Washington 2023. Hopes he has more loyalty than TA!
Late in 2023, too. Cup of coffee there.

Reading his hiring at Washington, it sounds like he did some really good things at Tulane. He also is very plugged in with football things (Football Competition Committee and Football Oversight Committee). Time will tell on how good of a hire it turns out to be. Harder to have a gut reaction on positions like this.

No Husker ties; don't know if that's good or bad.

It remains to be seen if he can learn our culture.

Having Husker ties hasn't exactly worked out the best of recent
Agreed. I think it is about time we move on from the requirement of needing to be a Husker. Understanding Nebraska and being a former Husker aren't mutually exclusive. We need someone who can understand the culture at Nebraska, appreciate it, and utilize it.

Almost so fast that some of this was in the works already???
Doubtful. It wouldn't surprise me though if Dannen reached out when the opening happened, rather than the other way around. ESPN article says he and his wife's families are all in Iowa. This was probably a rare opportunity opening to move closer to home.

For Nebraska, you get someone that has been working with the B1G (as Washington is getting ready to move) and has a lot of positives on the football side of things. Also sounds like he and Rhule might have a prior working relationship, so he might have vouched for him or suggested him.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back