• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

Yes, more playing time for Brown and Nixon -- until they bolt a year from now. At this point, it's not at all unrealistic to think that's very possible. There's something rotten in Lincoln when we keep losing our most productive starters in addition to four-star recruits that barely stepped foot on campus. It's not like there isn't opportunity to play in what's become a revolving door. So your "off you go then" seems likely to be recycled to use again soon.

This is why I think Frost needs a winning season and the team needs to look like it's turning a corner next year. Another losing year with the same issues and I don't think you can let that continue for round five in 2022.

This is why I think Frost needs a winning season and the team needs to look like it's turning a corner next year. Another losing year with the same issues and I don't think you can let that continue for round five in 2022.
I will say this, with Fidone and the other 2 athletic TE's coming, and Allen coming back, I would think (hope?) that the TE passing game opens up the field for more throws to WR's and such since the opponent will have to account for those aforementioned 3 TE's coming in and Allen.

No idea what that says
You said "Coaches can't block kids from certain schools, yada, yada, yada..." And I countered with the current example of one of our (I believe) WR's (can't remember his name) who used the portal and went to UCF Spring of 2020. Guess what? He wasn't "blocked" by Nebraska but his scholarship release papers were NOT signed by Nebraska so he COULDN'T PLAY at UCF this past season, hence he was "blocked" but not in the way it use to be. And UCF was pissed. It was, IMO, in response to UCF telling their players, when Frost left, that their release papers would not be signed if they went to Nebraska (though Vedral got out but they had Milton, so they didn't care).

Another example for you? Napalm is no longer allowed in war according to the Geneva Convention rules but "Incendiary devices" (i.e. napalm) is. Same thing, different name. If you need a more in depth explanation, PM and I will give it to you.

Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern......... (And that’s not including Illinois and Minnesota, who dropped an L on the team this year)

Well hopefully the kid doesn't leave.... but if he does so be it.... now as for the transfer portal I think it might be time to start playing hard ball.... we don't have to release kids from their scholarships.... maybe we do that a few times then kids will realize that they should buckle down and push through and make things work where they are....commitment is a 2 way street... I made sure my kids understand that concept...

You said "Coaches can't block kids from certain schools, yada, yada, yada..." And I countered with the current example of one of our (I believe) WR's (can't remember his name) who used the portal and went to UCF Spring of 2020. Guess what? He wasn't "blocked" by Nebraska but his scholarship release papers were NOT signed by Nebraska so he COULDN'T PLAY at UCF this past season, hence he was "blocked" but not in the way it use to be. And UCF was pissed. It was, IMO, in response to UCF telling their players, when Frost left, that their release papers would not be signed if they went to Nebraska (though Vedral got out but they had Milton, so they didn't care).

Another example for you? Napalm is no longer allowed in war according to the Geneva Convention rules but "Incendiary devices" (i.e. napalm) is. Same thing, different name. If you need a more in depth explanation, PM and I will give it to you.
Transfers don't have to be approved anymore by the exiting school. The only thing required is declaring for the portal and accepting an offer at a receiving school. Again, unless the NCAA recently changed the protocol. If I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it. Unless I've misunderstood the language, no release is required anymore.

Last edited:
If true it is time to make some drastic changes to this staff. Especially at wide receiver, we have been pathetic at the position. Any talent we get transfers out. The once 1 in a million chance frost turns this around seems to be less likely. The fact that frost is from here makes it worse in my eyes. He should know by now this doesnt resemble anything close to Nebraska football.

***, that's the issue. The following do not allow Wan'dale to show case his skills even though he "gets the ball"
1. Swing passes thrown BEHIND Wan'dale
2. Poorly blocked WR screens
3. Six yard in routes right over the middle, leading to collisions with LB's that out weigh him by 40lbs.
4. 3 yard passes at the goal line (with near fatal results, although it did lead to one of his rare TD's this year).
5. Running him in short yardage situations, often in the red zone (170 lb. "Power back")

Lot's of touches, but not the appropriate use of his skills nor decisions that lend themselves to long term health.
To use your analogy, "like the Chiefs running the option and having Mahomes repetitively KEEP the ball instead of pitching it". Why would anyone want your best player to be subject to that kind of repeat physical abuse?

GBR

Your assessment then is that WR is transferring because our QBs throw inaccurate passes, our OL and other wide receivers sometimes don't block very well, our offensive coaches put Wan'Dale in dangerous situations by sending him on routes over the middle, play calling sucks, and he doesn't want to be a running back?

I think I covered all 5 points right?

Last edited:

Agree, and what slim hope there was may have taken a big hit.

Going into year four we will have a proven inconsistent QB and no experience at WR or RB. Not a recipe for success.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back